#13 - Unbelievable

─── ・ 。゚☆: *

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

unbelievable. "thank you for the food!" the two boys chimed in unison as y/n finished cooking. they were now sitting on the floor around the dining table, the spicy beef stir fry steaming in the center.

always the eager one, kuroo was the first to dig in. the moment the spicy beef hit his tongue, his eyes went wide. "oh yffhhshgggf." he mumbled through a mouthful, the intense heat making it impossible to form words.

"pfft." y/n couldn't help but giggle, quickly handing him a glass of water. "you said spicy, i gave you spicy." she teased, enjoying his reaction.

meanwhile, kenma, ever the calm one, was eating as if nothing was out of the ordinary. he chewed thoughtfully, completely unfazed by the level of spice.

"it's not that bad." he commented, continuing to munch away while kuroo chugged water like his life depended on it.

"glad you're enjoying it, kenma." y/n said, glancing at kuroo, who was finally starting to recover. "as for you, maybe next time you'll think twice before asking for extra spicy."

kuroo wiped his brow, still catching his breath. "i think i might've underestimated you." he admitted with a sheepish smile, reaching for another bite despite the heat. "but it's too good to stop eating."

as they continued eating, a sudden knock on the door made them freeze mid-bite. y/n raised an eyebrow, puzzled. "huh. no one usually knocks on my door." she mused.

"i'll get it!" kuroo declared, striding over to the door. when he opened it, he was greeted by kunimi, who looked less than thrilled.

"uh... y/n, i thought i told you not to order takeout?" kuroo called over his shoulder. "i didn't!" y/n shouted back from the dining room, confusion clear in her voice.

the nekoma player turned back to kunimi. "and who might you be?" kunimi, clearly unimpressed, took a step back. "kunimi akira." he said, with a hint of annoyance.

just then, y/n appeared at the door. her eyes widened at the sight of kunimi. "oh, what are you doing here?" she asked, looking between him and kuroo.

"my mom called and made me bring you this." he grumbled, holding out a plastic bag with a tupperware container of ramen. "that's very kind of her... and well, you too." she said, trying to sound sincere.

"so, what's the deal with you and my friend here? are you her secret admirer or something?" kuroo asked. kunimi looked at him, unamused. "she works for me." he stated flatly.

kuroo burst out laughing. "y/n working? that's rich! i don't believe it." y/n, feeling a bit embarrassed, sighed. "come on in." she said, trying to avoid more teasing.

the first year shook his head. "no thanks. i'm heading home." just as he turned to leave, y/n reached out and grabbed his arm. "you cooked this for me, and besides, you're home alone. you need some human interaction."