Chapter 3

*Shadow's POV*
"I'm going to kill you!" Faker growled furiously as his brother and Scourge held him back. "What the hell were you thinking?! Let me go!" He was trying so hard to get to Eggman.

Eggman raised his hands and tried to talk, but Faker was too loud. I got closer to him and punched him in the face. "Shut up, Hedgehog!" I snapped. I didn't care if the Queen was there. We needed to figure out what was going on, and he wasn't helping. I turned to look at Eggman and charged a chaos spear. "Talk." I ordered.

"I-I uh..." He stuttered as I glared. "I had 3 of the chaos emeralds and was trying to find a way to beat Sonic for once and for all. It was going to be my masterpiece. Skar was going to be able to kill Sonic and help me achieve my plans. But... Metal didn't like what I was creating and interfered. He destroyed my computer, and it accidentally gave Skar more power than it should have. Now it won't listen to me and all it can think of is to destroy everything in its path."

"Is there a weak point? A way to get rid of him?" Rouge asked.

"No..." Eggman said lowly. "That thing destroyed Metal with one kick. There's no way we can get rid of it. It's stronger than all of you together."

"Where are the emeralds?" The fox asked, ignoring me since he was mad  I punched his best friend. "Sonic and Shadow could use them, or I could use them to build something to -"

"I thought about that already. The emeralds are back at my lab, should be where Metal Sonic lies, but even with that much power, I'm afraid it won't work. Skar is too strong, and it already knows your attacks, I programmed him that way."

*Sonic's POV*
"Let's just go get the emeralds from his lab and then find the other 4. After that, I am sure we will find a way to get rid of him." I sighed, I knew from what Eggman was saying that we would most likely fail, but we couldn't give up yet.

"But even if we get the 3 at his lab, it's going to take us forever to find the other 4. We need to do something now before Skar gets to other cities." Scourge pitched in.

"YOU are not going anywhere. I want you here with Manic and my mother." I looked back at Scourge. "We will take care of this, just keep my family safe."

"How can you trust him?" Eggman laughed. "He's tricked you many times!"

"He's my boyfriend." Manic pointed out and flipped him off as he took hold of Scourges hand. "Sonic, you can't go out there." He looked back at me.

"I need to. I'm not letting more people die." I sighed. "Come on. You too, I'm not leaving you here with my family." I grabbed Eggmans shirt and dragged him away, out of the bunker.

"We should split." Tails said. "You and Shadow can find the emeralds faster than any of us. I can go with Rouge and Eggman to retrieve the rest of them. We can meet back here once we are done."

I didn't like the idea of leaving Tails with Rouge and Eggman, but I knew he wasn't wrong. It could take a week if we went together looking for them, but if it's just Shadow and I, we could find them in one day, maybe a bit more. I might not come back alive though since as soon as Tails suggested the idea, he started giving me a death glare. He knew it was true, too, and that pissed him off.

"How will we even find the emeralds? We need one to find the others faster." I pointed out, but Shadow pulled the green chaos emerald out of his quills. "Great, now we need 3 more." I nodded and hugged Tails. "Be careful, buddy." I sighed. "Please."

If I lost him too...

I don't know what I would do.

I waited for Rouge to say bye to Shadow and watched as they left.

"It's just you and me then..." I looked at Shadow, who now didn't seem so angry at me. He nodded back at me, and we both dashed away in search of the emeralds.