Chapter 11

*Shadow's POV *
As I fell, all I could think of was hoping that Sonic would make it. That he would make it and stop. Whatever the emeralds would take away. It would be worth it if it saved everyone from this. If it meant he was safe back in a time where none of this happened.

I watched as Sonic started to panic, I had never seen him this way. He had gone through a lot and now had to watch as one by one of his friends were dying.

No matter how hard I fought, Skar was unbeatable. To think that such thing is possible to create....

Sonic has to go through. He has to survive. He has to.

I looked at him and as my visions slowly turned to black. All I could think of was how happy I had been even if it had been for one day. It was the happiest I have ever felt ever since Maria.

To think I could feel happy again. Whole. I wouldn't had ever believed it. Even if it was short.... even if it was just a moment...

I was grateful it happened.

*Sonic's POV *
When I opened my eyes I realized Skar had actually managed to claw my torso. A pool of blood was forming under me as I fell to one knee. I needed to get help before I went to Eggmans or I was not going to make it. I managed to get back up and started walking, half limping. I recognized where I was, I wasn't that far from Amy's house.

"A-Amy..." I knocked on her door, my vision blurred as I tried to gasp for air.

The door soon opened and I couldn't help but smile as tears rolled down my muzzle. She opened the door. She was alive. She was here and alive. I wanted to hug her and I was about to when I tripped over air and fell but she managed to catch me.

"Sonic?! Sonic what happened?!" She asked concerned then helped me to her couch. I passed out as I heard her shout over her communicator. "I-I need help! S-Sonic! He's dying! He's dying! I don't know what happened! Tails, hurry please!"

When I woke up, I realized it was dark but could see shadows of people around me. I groaned and moved my hand to my torso where I now imagine had stitches.

"He's waking up." Said Knuckles as I started to open my arms more and realized the shadows I was seeing were my friends gathered around me.

Tails, Amy, Knuckles, Cream and Cheese, Rouge... But no Shadow. They were standing around the bed I was laying on. I sat back up in a hurry, ignoring the pain.

"Where is it...?" I looked around. Where the device Tails gave me. When I arrived here I realized he had put a USB on it to delete everyone on Eggmans computer. I needed it. After it did it's thing it would take me back. I needed it. I can't lose it.

"Whoa. Whoa Hun, you need to rest." Rouge tried to calm me down but my heart was beating too fast and hard as if it was about to explode out of my chest. My breathing became heavy again and I didn't understand why the world was suddenly blurry. "Are you... having an anxiety attack...?"

Anxiety? Maybe?

"Where is it...?!" I shouted, I could only focus on trying to stop what was going to happen in the future.

"Where's what?" Tails asked. Everyone was looking at me confused. Tears were streaming down as I moved Rouge out of the way.

"Where...? Where...?" I looked around and moved my hands under the cover of the bed. I needed to find it. I need it.

My heart was beating louder. Faster. I couldn't hear anything. I couldn't focus on anything else.

I need it.

"Where is it?!" I snapped and growled. My vision was turning on me. I couldn't hear what the others were saying. My hands were sweating. My thoughts were racing. If I didn't find it... if I didn't find it. "He's dead..." I mumbled. "I couldn't save them..." I fell to my knees.

I'm sorry....

I'm sorry...

"I'm sorry...."