||25||

Author's POV:

It's the next day already and Varisa thought of calling Shubman to sort everything out. She picked her phone and dialed Shubman's number. The first two times he didn't pick up the call but on the third time he picked.

Shubman: what is it Varisa can't you see I'm busy if I'm not picking up the calls.

Varisa:  hey Shubi calm down! You okay?

Shubman: I'm okay! talk to you later!

He cut the call but before that voices of every one giggling in the background was heard. Seeing Shubman behave that way just for a girl, her heart sank to the bottom. But shrugging off the disturbing thoughts she had her breakfast.

After being done with the breakfast she went to her walk-in closet to get ready for office. While doing her skincare, she received a call from Anushka.

Varisa: Hi bhabhs!

Virat: main bol raha hun bhabhs ki bachhi

Varisa: hi bhai kaise ho aap aur matches kaisi chal rahi hain?

Virat: sab bohot acha hai tu bata tu kaisi hai aur kab wapas aa rahi hai?

Varisa: next week ki flight hai bhai btw mere cutiepies kahan hai?

Virat: ruk main video call karta hun!

Varisa's POV:

I waved at him once he turned on the face time. He faced the camera at Vamika who was playing with a lady who guess was of my age or may be younger. When I finally see her face, it struck me that she's the same girl from the article earlier. Bhai faces the camera to Akaay who was in Shubman's lap beside that girl. Shubman's eyes fell on me as he felt bhai facing the camera at him. 

My eyes met his and a mere drop of tear escaped my eyes silently. Then bhai took back the phone and faced me, saying something about me and Shubman but this time my cheeks didn't heat up nor it turned to shades of red but my eyes did.

Virat: oye love birds ek dusre ko apne phone se dekha karo! Humse bhi baat karle Vari!

Anushka: meri Vari ko mat tang karo!

Virat: haan haan theek hai but tu achanak itni patli kaise ho gayi khana wana nhi kha rahi kya?

Varisa: bilkul kha rahi hun! Kisne bola aapko nhi kha rahi main?

Anushka: Vari teri aankhein laal kyun hain itni?

Varisa: woh bhabhi aankh mein kuch chala gaya tha thore der pehle isliye laal hai bas!

We talked for a while and then I hanged up saying I had to go to office. I came to the lobby and got in my car driving to the office. It's been raining since morning and the weather is cold today. There is a sudden change in the weather and I got affected by it instantly, since I'm a pneumonia patient and I've been sneezing all day.

After finishing the meeting and other works, I came back home and suddenly I'm feeling  cold and even exhausted. I checked my temperature and it is 99 degrees. I took medicines after having some soup but later I was having breathing problem too.

That's when mrs. Steele came in my room and panicked seeing me take heavy breaths, while clutching on the bed sheet. She instantly called the doctor, and in no time Jake, Somi, Chloe and Noah barged in along with the doctor.

The doctor came and made me wear the oxygen mask first and then examining my health. He prescribed few medicines and injected 2 injections on my arm.

Author's POV: