S₱ECIAL CHA₱TER 6 - baby girl, you're a hidalgo after all

♡ ₱ ♡

"Xy Hidalgo."

I clapped my hands when she was finally called up to the small stage to get her diploma. After the handshake, she took her diploma and posed for a photo. As she walked off the stage, she searched the crowd until her eyes found me. She showed me her diploma and even gave me a wink.

I chuckled to myself. That's my wife.

Hidalgo. It still feels new to hear that surname after her name. But it feels right. So fucking right.

It has been two months since we got married in a courthouse, in clothes we bought straight from a shop. 

Not what I was expecting.

I was envisioning a wedding in a beautiful church. I already secured a date for us to get married in the Vatican City. I waited for that slot for years and I had to pay the right people to get that slot.

We'd have a whole week of events before the wedding itself. We'd wear custom-made wedding clothes. I had already hired the greatest designers in the industry. If she wanted the train of her dress to reach a mile, I would have made that happen. If she wants ten different outfits for the wedding, then I'd get her ten outfits.

After the wedding, the reception would be in a big castle. We'd share a meal with people we don't care about, and celebrate finally getting married. Then, our honeymoon would be in Maldives.

But on the contrary, we got married in a courthouse. We smiled at the paparazzi waiting for us outside. We then drove to a restaurant, ate a meal with Mom and Sebastian Kensington, our other witness. After the meal, we went home and spent the night in our bed. I lied beside her, watching her finish her assignment on our wedding night.

It's far from the fairytale wedding I wanted, a wedding I knew she deserves. But that night, I never stopped smiling. That night, I felt the happiest.

That night, I hugged her waist as I watched her finish her assignment. When she was done, we cuddled all night until the morning. We both woke up early and started the day, both smiling with new rings in our fingers.

We postponed everything I wanted our wedding to be. I was already happy with that little exchange of vows that we did in front of a judge. But that doesn't mean we can't get married again.