₱ 25 - baby girl, i love you

♡ ₱ ♡

With determined eyes, Xy voiced out her theory. "It's Edmund."

One of my brows rose. "Why?"

"He's the father of the kid."

"Are you sure?" I asked not because I doubt her theory but because there's an endless possibility on our table. "It can still be Midnight."

She shook her head. "If it were Aleks, he wouldn't want an abortion."

"How do you know she wants abortion?"

"I had a talk with Aleks last time, right? And he mentioned about helping Ophelia go to a hospital."

I reminisced about that talk I had with her about what Midnight told her. "Oh, yes. You said he probably knew why she needed to go to the hospital."

She nodded once. "Well, Aleks is the heir to a family owning chains of hospitals. And based on what Logan found..."

"They have secret abortion clinics," I finished her sentence.

"Yes."

"What about Mildred?" I asked.

She pressed her lips, shaking her head. "I don't think she's capable enough to make this elaborate plan."

"Then why do you think it's Edmund?"

"His family business is falling apart," she started. "Kaya siya ipapakasal sa isang babae from a big family. Naka-set na ang kasal nila. And if he really got Ophelia pregnant, he'll want rid of it. But I guess he wanted to silence her."

I acknowledged her explanation with a nod. "It makes sense."

"I just don't know how he made her take the poison because I think Ophelia will know immediately kapag may naglagay ng something sa food niya," she wondered, eyes looking elsewhere.