Chapter 32. Whole lot better

After tanking my individual evaluations, I had all hopes set on the upcoming solo performances. We had to perform two sets of different dance styles with each routine having one a half week for preparation. After the first round ended, we needed to prepare for the second round of evaluation, making the whole process of around three weeks.

These three weeks were really important for me. So, I decided that even if I had to catch the last train back home, I would give my best.

Our mentors gave us the choices to choose between four dance styles for both evaluation rounds. For the first round, I got Krumping and Robotics; I wanted to learn something new, so I chose Robotics. Moreover, Krumping required a lot of aggression and power, so Robotics was the best choice for me.

As for the second round, I chose Lyrical over Popping, as I again wanted to diversify my skills - I had already done Popping during the start of the training.

Akshay selected Disco and Whacking. Both of us were discussing about our preparations in a corner. Other dancers were also spread across the huge practice room, and some of them had even started flaunting their skills.

I noticed a few dancers who were not so confident in the beginning but had improved a lot over the time.

"You nervous?" Akki asked.

"Of course, I am. Just look at them." I pointed at the fellow humans bending their bodies like they had no bones.

"Stop comparing yourself to others. Just focus on what you have in your hands."

I took a deep breath. "Akki, I am actually a bit scared. What if I get eliminated?"

"You know what will happen then."

I felt myself getting smaller under Akshay's murderous glare.

"If you leave me alone here, you can prepare for your funeral," Akki threatened.

I narrowed my eyes. "You sure you will be alone?"

"What do you mean?" he asked innocently.

I looked at Suhana shortly - she was surrounded by a few girls, busy solving their queries. Instantly, her head whipped in my direction, and her eyes widened before she composed herself and continued with her friends.

Akshay followed my lead, and slowly, a light blush crept up his neck. He adjusted his cap and cleared his throat. Suhana also glanced at him, but she was better at masking her emotions.

When Akshay looked at me again, I was amazed to see how his expressions had softened.

"Akki, you wanna tell me something?" I asked in a low voice.

"I don't know what you are talking about," he replied like a robot.

Wow, he surely doesn't want to share his thoughts about Suhana at the moment. But how much longer does he think he will be able to hide? Not that he is succeeding right now.

"I will be available in case you feel like telling me," I said.

Akshay didn't say anything. His gaze just flitted towards Suhana briefly before he gave me a really short nod. He started talking about finding reference videos for our dance performances, and I joined him.

After arguing for about an hour, my throat felt dry. Both Akshay and mine bottles were empty, so I picked them up and told Akki that I would get them filled. Akshay nodded absentmindedly, his head buried inside his mobile screen.

On my way, I stole a glance in Suhana's direction. She was sitting silently, zoning out, while her companions goofed around. I was amused at her changing expressions.