29

The hero is talking to the heroine

-29-

Almost every household in Hotan Village mainly burns firewood for cooking. Only a few families with good conditions buy coal to cook. Every autumn, everyone must prepare a year's worth of fuel. The production team must first keep enough straw in the fields suitable for feeding livestock, and then distribute the rest to each household for fuel, but this is far from enough. Therefore, in autumn, collecting firewood becomes a big event.

Hotan Village Primary School and Junior High School have ten days of autumn vacation every year. The older children follow their parents to earn work points. The main task of the younger children is to collect firewood. With last year's experience, Shi Huan can also pick up firewood this year. Very handy.

When the Shi family gathered firewood last year, sometimes Fang led several children, but this summer, Shi Fang went to the town to attend high school. There was no fall break in high school, so this year Shi Yu led his younger siblings when gathering firewood. Yang Liufang followed several women to the foot of the mountain to collect large firewood early in the morning. After dinner, several children also met up with their friends. Carrying baskets and rakes, they headed straight for the destination chosen the day before.

Shi Yu had heard too many stories about Journey to the West recently. He walked with a rake and said excitedly, "Let's see if I look like Marshal Tianpeng!"

Shi Huan thought that this child might be stupid and looked like a pig. What was there to be happy about?

It's all her fault. Why don't you tell the story of Journey to the West when you have nothing to do!

Ever since Shi Hua and Wang Mojun got together, Shi Huan always went to Wang Mojun's house when she had nothing to do. She found that Wang Mojun was indeed a scholarly family, and the collection of books at home was too rich, right? In the early years of the "Four Olds" campaign, many of his books were burned, and Wang Mojun secretly hid many of them. Now that the world is at peace, these books can be seen again.

In this era, there are no mobile phones or the Internet. Shi Huan feels that the whole world is a lot cleaner. There is not so much noise and impetuosity. Reading has become her new hobby. Wang Mojun naturally welcomes her to read books, regardless of the fact that Shi Huan is his soon-to-be sister-in-law. Not to mention, it was a good thing that his students loved reading so much. He had never seen a child who loved reading so much.

When she was a child, Journey to the West was a must-play program on the TV station every summer vacation. Now after reading the original work, she realized that the Journey to the West broadcast on TV has been beautified a lot. Although Shi Yu likes to listen to stories, he doesn't like to read, and he always begs for Shi Huan. Telling him about the content in the book, Shi Huan felt that the original work was too bloody, so he told him the story as shown on TV. Shi Yu was extremely fascinated after listening to it.

A group of children went to the place to collect firewood and play, catching grasshoppers and grasshoppers, and occasionally encountered snakes. Shi Huan and Shi Lin were afraid of snakes. They were so frightened that they ran away when someone shouted "there is a snake". . Xue Da laughed at them for being timid. He was not afraid of snakes.

It was said that snakes are most afraid of cigarette oil. Xue Da and Shi Yu went to the people working nearby to find people who smoked dry tobacco pipes. They used fine grass to poke out the dark brown tobacco oil from the tobacco pipe rods, took it back and smeared it on the snake's mouth. Just apply a little bit, and the snake will sway and tremble, and soon it will die. If you break the stems of wild vegetables such as "dragonfly tail" and smear the thick white juice into the snake's mouth, the poison of the tobacco oil will be detoxified in a short time.