002

———————————————Weirded out

———————————————
Weirded out.

          " Do you believe in guardian angels? " She asked the question, and though it might have seemed nonsensical, her expression was earnest. She saw how his hands were trembling because of fear and watched as he took a few gulps. He handled the situation better because one might have thought she was a ghost and ran away since she was floating.

She had enough of scaring him and started backing away, giving him space while she brought her feet to the ground, looking up at him and waiting for his answer. She agreed to that question because there was no way she would reveal herself as someone who lives on a star. After all, the boy had only met her a few minutes ago and she couldn't just reveal everything to him at once.

She chooses the guardian angel to refer to her temporary being so that at least he wouldn't be too alarmed since angels are the ones you can be comfortable with in any way. She also believed that at this point she could be his guardian angel, considering how she's been there for him ever since his first life.

" Are you a... guardian angel? " He asked his voice tinged with shock, eyes wide with disbelief. Is that why she glows in gold? He pondered silently, his thoughts swirling as he tried to make sense of the revelation.

The corners of her mouth rose when she heard his thoughts. Her giggling left him perplexed, unsure of what she found so amusing. What's so funny?

She glanced at him for a moment, then giggled once more, her eyes sparkling with amusement. He grew even more confused, wondering why she found something amusing that he didn't quite grasp as if he said something that made her act like this.

" Miss, not to be disrespectful, but could you just answer me? " He asked, curiosity filled his mind but he also have someone waiting for him at home. " Why am I even still here? I should just go home. " He said curtly before picking up his bicycle, unwilling to waste any more time or engage further with her.

He glanced at her one last time before pedaling away, his mind drifting to thoughts he rarely entertained, his curiosity now piqued by her enigmatic presence. Will I ever see her again? Should I change my way back home instead of taking this path?

As he started to pedal away, she was already feeling down, but hearing his thoughts now made her even sadder. She probably deserved it because she was laughing the whole time when he was asking a question and he might have found it rude. Thanks for being so cooperative, self. She muttered sarcastically to herself, her tone dripping with irony.

When he was out of her sight, she face palmed herself, Frustration painted her expression, evident in the way she clenched her fists and furrowed her brows. " Is this the feeling after being rejected by someone you like? Especially that it came from a human? Why didn't anyone warn me that it would hurt this much? " She voiced her questions aloud, her tone tinged with uncertainty and curiosity.