009

———————————————The outcomes of meeting you began

———————————————
The outcomes of meeting you began.

" I knew you'd still be here. I was waiting for you. " Jungwon replied carelessly, leaning against a light pole with his bicycle placed on the side. " Hop on. "

He gazed back and forth between Haneul and Heeseung, perhaps judging them, before sitting down on his bicycle.

Why is he carrying her bag? Are they even that close?

He gave her a sideways glance when he discovered she was still standing on the same ground. It seems like Haneul doesn't even want to go with him because of the look she's giving.

Haneul sarcastically laughed crossing her arms and giving him a Why should I? look.
At this point, she doesn't care about her feelings for him anymore. All she ever wanted to do was to fix things and leave this planet as soon as possible.

Jungwon's brows furrowed as his lips tightened, and he let out a quick, sharp breath, his eyes narrowing in frustration.

On top of that, he doesn't even know why he's acting like this. Was it because he made her wait too long or was it because she was with Heeseung the whole time?

However, why make it such a big deal on who she's with? He knew to himself that he was never like this even when it came to Chaerin. Thus, it explains why he never felt the necessity to care when she was still with Heeseung.

Jungwon spoke, " It's getting late. We should get going. "

Haneul snickered along with the words to confront the boy in front of him earlier, however, Heeseung interrupted.

" I'll walk her home. It looks like she doesn't want to go with you. " Heeseung's voice was calm but firm, causing Jungwon to snap his head back, his eyes narrowing up and down at before rolling his eyes at him.

Meanwhile, Haneul watched them with a smirk, clearly entertained by Jungwon's sassy reaction. It's not every day that she could see him having an attitude. Even his past lives did so much better than that and will always be known as someone humble and kind-hearted.

But this life is somewhat different.

" You can go ahead and I swear to you that she'll be safe with me— " Heeseung was then interrupted when Haneul grabbed her bag from his shoulder and gave him an assuring smile, telling him that it was alright.

Jungwon was close to leaving his bicycle again to have a conversation with Heeseung when he suddenly felt a weight behind him and when he looked back, he saw Haneul hugging her bag while her gaze was looking at Heeseung.

" Go. " Was all she said without looking at him which resulted in Jungwon's lips pressing together. She can't even look at me. She is for sure mad. He thought before he started to pedal.

———————————————

         On their way to the convenient store where Jungwon works, all Haneul could think about was how messed up today was and how anxiety was slowly eating her up.

She looked up in the sky and was relieved that the sky was still clear despite her overthinking. Thank goodness she was eased that her emotions didn't get ahead of her. On top of that, her day was already worse so if someone ever felt like their day was ruined, just remember what happened to Haneul.

Jungwon stopped, signaling that they had finally arrived. Throughout his whole shift, nothing much had happened except for the fact that the two of them were awkward the whole time.

" Haneu— " The girl passed by the counter, ignoring him as if he were a ghost. Even the display of food was noticed by her.

And after a couple of hours, his shift finally ended and was ready to leave. But as he was closing the door, a black car suddenly parked at one of the parking of the convenience store.

Jungwon was quick to unlock the doors again and serve the upcoming customer even though his shift had already ended. However, a familiar voice called out his name.

" Yang Jungwon. " The voice called out sternly making the young man's heart skip a beat.

Haneul was sharp about Jungwon's movement. She noticed how his hands were trembling and how he backed away as the man in a suit stepped closer and closer to them.

She tried to uncover every moment of her memories just so she could point out who the man was. There is no way she missed a part or a person in his life.

Her eyes widened at the sudden realization and was about to speak up when Jungwon mumbled.

" Dad. "

———————————————
AUTHOR'S NOTE:

jungwon be feelin brought the heat back
the most