016

———————————————It still hurts no matter how many times it repeats

———————————————
It still hurts no matter how many times it repeats.

          The bell rang, signaling the beginning of lunchtime at school. Haneul packed her things away swiftly, her excitement palpable at the thought of having Kimbap at the cafeteria. She had been looking forward to this moment, hoping her favorite dish would be on the menu that day. Without wasting any time, she stood up, ready to head to the cafeteria to satisfy her cravings.

As Haneul hurriedly exited the room, Jungwon watched her leave. He quickly packed away his belongings, determined not to lose sight of her. He knew Haneul well enough to sense her eagerness, and he didn't want to miss the opportunity to spend time with her at lunch. With a swift motion, Jungwon shoved his things in his bag, wasting no time following her out the door, his footsteps quickening to catch up with her.

" You're always quick when it comes to food. " Jungwon remarked, amusement evident in his voice as he watched her glaring at him. " What? It's true. "

Haneul rolled her eyes, quickening her pace which made Jungwon laugh. He knew how she never played when it came to food and that made Jungwon amused because someone who was not from here relished it. Guess it's always been food that she came here in the first place. 

" Wait up. "

———————————————

          Haneul frowned at Jungwon's comment, her eyes narrowing slightly as she paused, clearly not amused by his statement. " What do you mean you're not eating? We're already here. "

Jungwon looked at everything but her. " I'm just... not that hungry. " His eyes gazed at everything but she earned a suspicious look from the girl.

Haneul sighed, then shoved her tray toward Jungwon, causing him to raise an eyebrow in confusion. " Hold this, " She said, her tone firm.

Jungwon watched as Haneul walked over to where the empty trays were stacked, only to return with one for herself. His brow furrowed in confusion, wondering why she hadn't said anything.

" Don't tell me you're having a second round. " Jungwon eyes were a bit wide, his tone was full of pursuit. He couldn't believe that these two trays full of food were all for her. " I know the fact that you like food but I never knew you were this in love with them. "

Haneul ignored his words completely and made her way to a vacant table, her focus elsewhere. Jungwon trailed behind, silently watching her every move, unsure of what she was thinking. As they sat across from each other, Haneul slid a spoon and fork toward him. " Now, dig in, " She said, her tone casual but expectant.