007

———————————————Broken

———————————————
Broken.

          " Jungwon-ssi, can you help me with this for a moment? " Both Jungwon and Haneul stopped chatting and caught sight of Chaerin who was carrying a notebook in both of her hands.

A week had passed since their conversation about the red string theory, and in that time, peculiar things began to unfold. Chaerin, who rarely sought Jungwon's help before, now frequently asked him for assistance with schoolwork. She even started visiting the library where Jungwon studied, something she had never done before. Haneul couldn't help but notice the change, confusion clouding her thoughts as she observed Chaerin's uncharacteristic behavior.

Jungwon glanced at the girl beside him, sighed, and stood up, making room for Chaerin. " I'll buy myself something at the cafeteria. See you after class, Jungwon, " Haneul said, giving him a small smile before walking away.

Jungwon pursed his lips together and nodded. " See you, " he responded simply. Turning his attention to Chaerin, he opened his notes, ready to help her with whatever she needed.

Haneul walked towards the door and departed. What happened next would make her regret leaving Jungwon alone with Chaerin.

" Let's walk home together, Jungwon. "

———————————————

          Haneul strolled around the school, passing the time while subtly using her powers to navigate unnoticed.

Currently invisible, Haneul explored parts of the school she had never seen before. Even when she used to watch Jungwon from her realm, he rarely ventured beyond the classroom, council room, and library. Now, she wandered through unfamiliar hallways and discovered hidden corners, amazed by how much she had missed.

She found herself heading upstairs and before she knew it, her hands found their way to the cold doorknob of the rooftop.

Twisting it open, Haneul had her jaw dropped on the ground. She had never been amazed and appreciative of small things like this especially when she was someone who lived far more developed and exquisite than Earth.

She took the time to feel how refreshing the wind blew and how the sunlight welcomed her once again after being inside for a few hours.

But her moment of appreciation was cut short by a noise coming from a nearby corner. Her ears perked up and her brows furrowed. " Who's there? " She called out, stepping cautiously toward the sound.