015

———————————————Closer than you think

———————————————
Closer than you think.

A week had passed since Haneul had revealed her truth to Jungwon, and her feelings were still somewhat complicated. Yet, she couldn't help but notice a sense of relief, as if a heavy burden had lifted from her shoulders. The fact that Jungwon had accepted her for who and what she truly was comforted her restless heart.

Despite her relief about Jungwon accepting her, Haneul's sense of unease and problems persisted. There were still matters unresolved, issues that lingered in the background, casting a shadow over her newfound comfort.

Haneul had grown increasingly aware of Chaerin's growing closeness with Jungwon, and the green-eyed monster of jealousy reared its head within her. However, a deeper concern lingered beneath her feelings of jealousy. She couldn't shake off the vision of the broken string around Chaerin's ring finger, and it troubled her deeply. Haneul found herself grappling with the worrying thought that her presence might have somehow blurred Heeseung's fate with Chaerin.

Haneul's fear centered around the possibility of fate having rewritten her destiny with someone else. This thought frightened her immensely. However, the possibility that Jungwon could be the one who would replace her in her original fate brought a new level of dread to her heart. She found herself grappling with the idea, her heart pounding with a mixture of anxiety and confusion.

I should immediately pull him away from her or fate might write their name together in her book.

Haneul observed as Chaerin began to approach Jungwon, preparing her things in her bag. Sensing the impending moment, Haneul acted fast. She swiftly shoved her notebooks inside her bag and hurried to get to Jungwon first. She closed the distance between them, her heart pounding with urgency.

Haneul noticed that Chaerin had halted as a result, the corner of her mouth rose. " Let's go. I wanna eat kimbap at the convenience store. " She demanded.

Jungwon was taken aback by her suddenness. He raised a brow, confused as to why was she suddenly rushing to eat kimbap but then again, it was Haneul who he was looking at.

He diverts his gaze back to his things. " Hold on, I'm almost with these. You know, being the class president sucks yet I love the privilege sometimes. " He chuckled.

Haneul was now the one who was raising her brows. " Uhm... Okay? Anyway, will you hurry? I can sense some CCTV in here and I don't like it. " She looked around as if she was sensing some security cameras around when she was referring to Chaerin who had been staring at them.