012

———————————————Run away with a star — 02

———————————————
Run away with a star — 02

— 2nd life

" Good evening, Mother. Father. " The nobleman greeted them with a polite bow, earning a few smiles from the guests and his parents.

A lady spoke, " What a polite and good-looking young man you are. Your parents certainly raised you well. " She giggled.

The nobleman laughed softly, agreeing with how his parents raised him and grateful for how he turned out today. " My parents have a good genes. Perhaps that is why. "

The night of the ball-like party was filled with merriment and laughter, echoing through the grand hall. The room buzzed with excitement as various guests showered Jungwon with heartfelt compliments, praising both his academic prowess and his good looks. People seemed genuinely impressed by his achievements and charmed by his appearance, creating a lively atmosphere where accolades flew left and right.

But not every night has to have its good night.

Because that night was full of a joyous atmosphere, it was also the night when the nobleman was granted his third life.

———————————————

" Dad... " Jungwon tensed at the figure of his father standing in front of him. His father's face was tight, brows furrowed, and his eyes burned with anger, the tension in his stance unmistakable.

Haneul's eyes widened in shock, and without thinking, she quickly stepped in front of Jungwon, shielding him with a determined stance. Jungwon realized what Haneul was doing, his eyes widening slightly. His father, too, noticed, and the sight only made his anger flare, his face growing even more tense with rage.

" This is the girl I saw with you last time. " Jungwon's father pointed at Haneul with an unbelievable look. " Who is she? Is she your girlfriend?! She's the reason why you're falling behind now, is she?! "

Jungwon was prepared to deny his father's accusations, but the truth about his rank weighed too heavily on him. Unable to explain, he dropped his gaze to the floor, his mouth tightly shut, avoiding his father's piercing stare.
" She's just a friend... " He mumbled.

His father scoffed, the sound sharp and filled with disdain, his eyes still locked on Jungwon in disappointment. " A friend?! Seriously, You're fooling me? And you, what have you done to him! " His father reached out to grab Haneul's arm, but before he could, Jungwon reacted instantly, stepping forward and pulling her behind him, shielding her with a firm grip.