018

———————————————Just like you

———————————————
Just like you.

          Music. One of the reasons why a person expresses their emotions. It opens a path toward a person's heart, a connection that exists extraordinarily. It can be because they love the masterpiece or the one who made it.

No matter what it is, it brings us closer— allowing us to hear the deepest part of ourselves.

Just like him.

———————————————

          Haneul and Jungwon strolled down the hallway, their footsteps echoing softly against the tiled floor as they headed toward the cafeteria. They maneuvered through the crowds of students, occasionally exchanging smiles or brief greetings with their classmates. Chatter and laughter filled the air, creating a vibrant, almost electric atmosphere.

As Haneul and Jungwon continued their walk, a group of students suddenly whizzed past them, their footsteps growing louder as they sprinted down the hallway. Haneul and Jungwon exchanged confused glances, their conversation momentarily interrupted by the sudden commotion.

Haneul furrowed her brow, glancing at the group ahead, her eyes narrowing in confusion. " What's up with them? " She muttered, her gaze shifting back to Jungwon.

Jungwon glanced at the group before turning his attention back to Haneul. " They're holding auditions for the band, " He explained, his voice casual as he looked down at her. " Wanna watch? "

Haneul's ears perked up at his words. " Well, that's fine with me, " She said, glancing at the group again, " But it's probably packed over there. "

Jungwon chuckled, nodding in agreement. " Then let's get you some food instead, " He said with a grin, gesturing for her to follow as they veered away from the crowd.

As they continued walking, Jungwon's body tensed, adrenaline surging through him. In one swift motion, he grabbed Haneul's wrist, pulling her sharply against his chest. " Watch out, " He whispered, his voice low as they both stood still, her heart pounding from the sudden move.

Jungwon's eyes darkened as he shot a glare at the students who had nearly pushed Haneul. They didn't even notice, continuing their sprint toward the auditorium without a second glance, leaving him standing there, still holding her close.

He sighed. " Let's go. " Still holding her wrist, the two of them made their way to the cafeteria.

I don't think my heart's beating fast because of those students who almost pushed me...