013

———————————————Some things were never meant for us to understand

———————————————
Some things were never meant for us to understand

          " Haneul! " Jungwon and Haneul were strolling down the hallway when a voice called out from behind. Turning around, they saw Heeseung jogging toward them, a wide grin on his face. " How are you? It's been a week since we last saw each other. "

Jungwon gave Heeseung a quick once-over, his brow lifting slightly as if silently judging him. For some reason, he started to want the angel beside him for himself.

Haneul smiled. " I'm doing good. How about you? " Heeseung nodded in acknowledgment, relief that the girl was doing well. " I'm fine as well. But, can we go somewhere private? I have to give you something. "

Haneul nodded simply in agreement. " Sure, Why not? "

However, unbeknownst to the two of them, someone did not agree with the latter's request.

As Jungwon entered the conversation, his tone dripping with a hint of sarcasm, he looked at Heeseung and raised an eyebrow. " Oh, have you noticed that we're supposed to be in class soon? " He said, his voice laced with a hint of mockery. " It might be a good idea if we made our way there before the lecture started without us. "

Heeseung blinked a few times. His gaze went back and forth between Jungwon and Haneul before putting on an awkward laugh. " Oh really? Well then, I'll just give it later at lunch. " He fixed the guitar case behind him. " See you later, Haneul. "

Jungwon started walking towards the classroom when he observed Haneul standing alone, her gaze still fixed on him. He paused for a moment before calling out to her. " Hey, Haneul! " He said, waiting for her to join him. " Looks like you're flying solo today. Mind if I borrow some company on the way to class? "

Haneul smiled and nodded, falling into step with Jungwon as they made their way to the classroom together.

Meanwhile, Heeseung who's been watching them pondered to himself if the two were together.

———————————————

          The classroom gradually cleared out, students exiting through the doors and heading to the cafeteria or other areas of the school for their lunch break. Jungwon and Haneul remained behind for a moment, gathering their things before they, too, prepared to head out for lunch.

When Haneul finished and was ready to approach him, Chaerin suddenly popped out, and the two of them spoke to each other on their way out. " I can't believe he forgot that I'm still here. " She scoffed before going to the cafeteria.