003

———————————————You were looking up, while I was watching you down

———————————————
You were looking up, while I was watching you down

          " How about I transfer to your school? " She asked directly, causing him to choke on his kimbap in surprise. " Here. Water. " She quickly handed him the bottle of water, concern etched on her face.

Jungwon quickly grabbed it and took a drink, gently thumping his chest to ease the discomfort. He hoped and hoped that he heard wrong because he can't focus properly on his part-time job whenever she's around, so how much worse would it be if they ended up at the same school, right?

He set the bottle down and, after catching his breath, said, " Absolutely no. I attend an elite school, and it's not easy to get in, let alone get out. Besides, what if you manage to get help? How will you leave then? " He said, his voice tinged with concern and seriousness.

Then he continued, " Not to mention how bad the people's attitudes are there. You're an angel; you might report them— hey! " He winced as the empty bottle hit his arm. " Don't do that! " He complained.

She giggled mischievously as she made the bottle levitate again and tossed it into the trash bin with a flick of her wrist. " Well, next time don't mock an angel. Also, just because I am, that doesn't mean I can't hint you with an empty water bottle as a small punishment. "

He frowned. " I guess I deserve it? " he said with a hint of self-deprecation, before adding another thought. " But if you wanted to go then go for it. It's not like I could do anything about it after all. " He sighed, knowing they would see each other more often and predict what would happen if she went to his school.

" Just tell me if someone bothers you there, or just throw empty water bottles at them, that works too. " Jungwon said with a chuckle, his suggestion light-hearted yet sincere. " Minus the floating of course. "

" Copy that. "

———————————————

" Okay, class pay attention. " The teacher announced, capturing his students' focus. " I will introduce you to the new student from Jeju. Please, come in. "

A seemingly ordinary girl entered the room, but Jungwon's eyes could discern a golden glow about her, something that set her apart from everyone else.

She smiled warmly before introducing herself to the class. " Hello everyone, my name is... "

" Haneul? Why Haneul? " She asked, curious about the name suggestion Jungwon gave her.