Chapter 15: Meeting Her Again

Minji's POV:

"Let's go, Haerin", I say closing door of the car, after Hanni's getting in.

A deep sigh escapes from Haerin, she looks back. Annoyed, she squints her eyes, asks, "This party is for the artists and other persons related to Music Industry. What will I do there?"

"Oh come on, Haerin!" I grin, patting her shoulders. With requesting tone, I continue, "They also invited you! You have done more than enough for me. You have been accompanying me since I debuted. I see no problem with it."

Rolling her eyes, Haerin turns around, accepting defeat. She starts the engine and drives, aiming for the venue where the party will be held.

The annual private ceremony of Korean Music Industry. A party which is arranged every year, with the participation of soloists, song composers, choreographers, etc. As a successful soloist, I always get invited there. However, I never had much interest to attend it, unless it's really necessary.

But, this is the first time I ever wanted to show up there, by my own! Asking why? Well, it's because of Hanni. Thinking of entering in the venue with holding Hanni's hands, makes me so excited! Call me sick, I don't care. I am straightforward and I always say what's in my mind!

Shortly after, we reach at the hall. Thanks god, it's a private ceremony. Otherwise, we would be blinded because of the flashes of cameras!

Showing our invitation cards in the entrance, we finally get to go in. There are so many people here! Some have come here alone and others have come with their dates. Seeing the people of second category, I possessively wrap my hand around Hanni's waist. Taken aback, Hanni glares at me. I just smile, then walk in, still having my hand on that place.

As soon as we step in, we catch everyone's attention. Whispering, they start talking with each other, about us. Many of them compliment us, while others seem to be envying. I keep walking, not listening any of them. Well, I have the most stunning girl as my date here. I am proud of myself. I am such as a dumbass, aren't I?

Suddenly I notice people around us looking way too much at Hanni. Feeling an urge of protecting her from unwanted attention, I pull her closer to me, hoping it will lessen their staring.

Visible red tints covers Hanni's face, as she gets close to me. Tugging on my blazer, she stutters, "What.....are....you... doing?!!!"

"They are looking at you too much. And I don't like it. Don't you remember you are my date for tonight?" I smrik to see her blushing continuosly!

Hanni tucks her hair behind ears, still feeling shy in my embrace. Chuckling at her cuteness, I gaze on Haerin. She's looking really pissed off here! Well, being cold and introvert, that's how you feel at public gatherings!

"Wait here, I am gonna bring drinks", I head to the table where drinks are served.

"Minji?" Then I hear her voice which I thought I would never hear again. Hesitant, yet clear and loud.

I feel my heart tightening as that sweet call hits my ears. My facial expressions change in a matter of seconds. I don't know whether I turn around and face her or not.

But I decide to confront her.........

"Danielle", I force myself to smile.

"It's been a while", she smiles. I can't understand if it's fake or real one.

"Yeah", I try to hide the bitterness as much as I can.

"Look, who's here", an unfamiliar voice echoes through the room. I shift my gazes, only to see him.