✧.*CHAPTER 8- EDMUND✧.*

It's at least 5 minutes after the bell when I'm slowly crawling into class after another successful panic attack.

I thought I could control them, but I was wrong. It overpowered me again. I couldn't do anything.

At least I tried the comfort of Arwen's toilets.

I don't know who I have as my class teacher in the new class, but to be honest, I don't care at all. I open without knocking.

And I soon regret it when I see who is marching around the classroom.

"Good morning?" Melbourn examines me with a very interesting expression. I would say that she is one of the strictest teachers. Why did I transfer...

"It's not very good," I answered without any emotions. But Melbourne was not very moved: "Keep it, otherwise you can go up the stairs to the headmaster again." I'd rather even listen to her.

When I look around the classroom for the first time, I see that there is a place next to Hedwig in the last desk by the door, I guess it is for me. My place was always in the last desk, but by the window. Why isn't Hedwig sitting there?

Come on.

That is not possible. She seems to be haunting me. And she's sitting with Kai. Her blonde hair falls down shoulders and her blue eyes are fixed directly on me. But when she sees that I am making eye contact back, she immediately turns to her roommate and starts whispering something to him. So Tree is not only stupid, but even a gossip.  
"Are you going to stop watching your classmate by the window

and sit down, André?" I just roll my eyes and go to Hedwig without a word.

Melbourne starts prattling at length about her famous magic lessons, which are completely useless anyway.

I can already light a fire without matches.

"Who were you watching?" and here it is, and she started to touch my hand. 

"You, who else." What can I tell her? 

"But I'm not sitting by the window, Edmund," and with that, she turned dramatically towards the wall. 

"I was looking at Kai, but Melbourne can't see anymore, don't make a scene and turn around." With that, I grabbed her thighs and pushed her back to me. 

"Well, you better." I ignore the suspicion in her voice and focus on Melbourne's speech for once.

"And for history and politics, you were lucky, the professor will have you -" but she is interrupted by a knock on the door. The end of the headache at least for a while. I see a flash of gelled blond hair in the doorway and I already know who it is.

This is going to be fun.

"Hey, the last freshmen!! I'm Professor Adair, I'm going to have you on history and politics, look forward to it, and this is my buddy, er, your professor of course, Professor Hayes. We came to you with an offer of sports clubs here on Arwen. I believe there are talented athletes among you who want to prove themselves!" Mr. Adair winked, probably passing the floor to Mr. Hayes.

"Hello too, and I'll tell you what sports you can do on Arwen-" Mr. Adair chuckled, and everyone began to laugh with him.

But nothing moved me.

"Well, let's continue. We have a very popular volleyball here, we are recruiting new talented players. So just in case of chance, both boys and girls, we play mixed and separated. Next, also the popular lacrosse, here, sorry girls, only boys. Guys, skilled attackers, yeah? So there's something to watch. Then -" I didn't listen anymore, because Hedvi gave me a leaflet that they sent to the classes to sign up. I didn't hesitate. I went to this school with the idea that I was going to lacrosse together with Leo. Kai has always been more soft. Only volleyball.
"Are you signing up somewhere, Ed?" asked Hedwig stupidly.

"You know I've always wanted to go to lacrosse."

"I knew, but girls can't go there, and I wanted to go with you." This is too much for me. 

"You can walk with me and watch me from the stands." I don't know what she expected. So now her face contorted all over and she turned to her good friend wall again. This time I didn't turn her around. Let her be offended.