31

Zeng Liang didn't want to pay the money, but he didn't want Su Ye to report the case.

Su Ye was Su Wei's niece. Once she reported the case, the police would come to investigate. The brigade cadres would definitely side with Su Ye, and the people at the educated youth point would also side with Shen Che. He would not be able to get away with it.

He might still have to pay the money, and in serious cases he might be imprisoned for a few days or sent to labor reform, and the latter would be recorded in the file.

Although the hope was slim, if he had the opportunity to return, there would be a record in the file, and he would not be able to pass the political review, and he would never be able to return.

But the medical expenses plus the compensation of one hundred yuan were too much, and he couldn't earn that much money in two years.

If possible, he really wanted to exchange injuries for injuries, but this was impossible.

Zeng Liang really regretted that he should not have gone to trouble Shen Che, but he could not say to apologize to Su Ye and Shen Che and ask them to give him less money.

Even if he said it, it would be useless. Shen Che might still be able to negotiate, but Su Ye would definitely not agree.

"What do you think?" Su Wei said after a moment of silence.

Zeng Liang clenched his fists, and he looked at the brigade secretary and said with difficulty: "Too much, can you give less?"

Of the three cadres, Su Wei was not to be mentioned, and the women's director looked at him with a bad look, the only one who might help him was the secretary.

It was better to plead with the secretary than to show weakness to Su Ye.

"Less? Do you think this is a market where you can bargain?" Su Ye sneered, "Medical expenses plus 100 yuan in compensation, not a cent less."

The secretary hoped to resolve this matter quickly, and he wanted to tentatively ask Su Ye if he could pay less, but then he heard Su Ye say this.

So he looked at Zeng Liang, and his words that were originally meant to persuade Su Ye turned into persuading Zeng Liang: "If you work hard and earn more, you can get a share of the money at the end of the year. If that doesn't work out, you can go up the mountain to pick mushrooms for money."

There was another silence, and under Su Ye's urging, Zeng Liang finally agreed to pay the medical expenses plus 100 yuan in compensation.

However, he said he didn't have so much money at first, and Su Wei said the brigade could lend him some. But when he agreed to pay the compensation, he actually said he had money.

He Yan widened her eyes and was shocked: "Where did you get so much money?"

The other educated youth also looked at Zeng Liang in confusion.

Among them, Qian Feng frowned slightly, with a subtle look.

Although Shen Che was hospitalized, the doctor only gave him medicine for observation and did not do other examinations and treatments, so the cost was not much, but Su Ye bought a lot of supplements for Shen Che, which added up to 60 or 70 yuan, plus 100 yuan in compensation, a total of 167 yuan.

This is not a small amount, no one thought Zeng Liang had money.

Among the educated youths in the educated youth camp, Shen Che was undoubtedly the richest. There was also a female educated youth whose family conditions were not bad. The rest were relatively ordinary.

Among these relatively ordinary educated youths, Zeng Liang was the one in a more difficult situation. He was usually very frugal and patched his clothes again and again.