CARE

Author's Note:

Please note that this section is still unedited and may contain errors. I'll be revisiting it for revisions and improvements soon. Thank you for your patience and understanding!

         ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

As Karan packed up and left the room, he gave Advik a pat on the back. “Take care of her. She’s been through a lot today,” he said softly.

Advik nodded. “Thanks, Karan. I’ve got her.”

Once they were alone, Advik turned back to Ruhani, who was still sniffling softly, her face buried in his chest. Her grip on his shirt was weak, but she held on, her body exhausted from all the crying and stress.

"Ruhi," he said gently, brushing her tear-soaked hair from her face. "It’s all done. You’re okay now. No more needles, I promise."

Ruhani didn’t respond immediately, her face still pressed against him. Her small, shaky breaths let him know she was trying to calm down, but the emotional toll had clearly worn her out. He stroked her back slowly, letting her catch her breath.

"Do you want some water?" he asked softly, but Ruhani just shook her head.

Advik chuckled softly. "How about those chocolates and ice cream I promised? You earned them, baby."

Ruhani’s voice came out in a hoarse whisper, barely audible. "mm yes... but... I just... I feel so tired..."

“I know. I know you’re tired,” he said, his tone filled with care. He gently tilted her chin up so he could look into her tear-streaked face. “But you need to drink some water, okay? And then I’ll take care of everything else. You don’t have to do anything.”

Ruhani’s eyes, still wet with tears, blinked slowly. "Okay..." she whispered, her voice fragile.

Advik reached for the glass of water on the bedside table, holding it up to her lips. "Take small sips," he instructed, guiding her gently as she drank. After a few sips, she pulled away, resting her head back on his shoulder.

“Better?” he asked, tucking the blanket around her more snugly.

She nodded faintly but didn’t say anything.

Advik smiled softly. "You’re like a baby, you know that? Crying, refusing everything. But it’s okay, because I’m here to take care of you."

Ruhani let out a soft whimper, clearly still emotional. "I didn’t mean to cry so much... I just couldn’t help it..."

Advik shook his head, pressing a gentle kiss to her forehead. "Shh, you don’t need to explain anything. It’s okay to cry. You were scared, and it’s my job to make sure you’re alright. And you’re safe now."

He adjusted her pillows, making sure she was comfortable. “Do you want to lie down for a while? Rest a bit? I’ll stay right here with you.”

She hesitated for a moment, then nodded slowly.

He helped her lie back down, tucking her in like a child, smoothing the blanket over her. He sat beside her, stroking her hair gently as she curled up under the blanket. Her body was still trembling slightly, but her breathing was beginning to slow.

“I feel... so weak...” Ruhani mumbled, her voice barely above a whisper. “Will you... stay until I fall asleep?”

Advik chuckled, his hand still stroking her hair. “That’s why you need to rest now, okay? Just close your eyes for a bit. You’ve been through a lot."

Ruhani blinked slowly, her eyes still wet with tears. "Okay..." she whispered, though her hesitation was clear.

Advik again tucked the blanket snugly around her, ensuring she was warm and comfortable. "Good girl," he murmured, stroking her hair softly. “Just rest.”