Chapter Twenty-one:

Ezra

Is it possible that the two individuals I know who are facing similar situations are actually just one person? Is it possible that the two different individuals I know who are both deprived of freedom are actually the same person?

I want to find out in my own way, but it seems like fate didn't make it difficult for me as the answers to my questions willingly come to me.

During a book signing event, I had a conversation with Lesty's butler, Kuya Alistair. Lesty is the daughter of his boss, who strictly prohibits her from going out and going anywhere.

I noticed that on the days when I saw Kuya Alistair at my book signing events, Lestari was nowhere to be found. Kuya Alistair would step in when Lesty wasn't allowed to go out.

"If Lesty isn't around, neither is Lestari," I convinced myself.

I also spoke with Euradice, Lestari's friend. She mentioned that Lestari had problems at home because of her father's strictness. Following that, Kuya Alistair mentioned that Lesty also had issues at her home because of her father.

See? The first clue right away. They both have problems at home because of their fathers. The reasons are exactly the same.

Until one day, Lestari approached me again. I didn't make her feel wrong, that she hurt me, or anyone else. I told her that I understood her, that I'm always here to listen, and she's not alone.

She also mentioned to me that they returned to their old mansion. When I read about the mansion, I couldn't shake off the feeling, not just the sudden realization of how wealthy she must be because they have a mansion, but because she can afford to have a butler.

Second clue: Mayaman, afford ang butler.

I felt foolish because I was making a list and felt like I had a mission to solve. I even reached the point where among Lestari's two thousand friends on Facebook, I specifically looked for Kuya Alistair, but he wasn't there.

I was really surprised when he messaged me that he was now at Sierra University, where I study, and he's also studying there!

Is this it? Will I finally see her in person? But why do I feel like I'm not ready yet? It's like I'm losing the courage to face her.

Lestari
Sa may bench naka-upo. Dito sa may field.

I immediately stood up from my chair. My classmates and even the professor in front of me were shock anf confused.

"Is there a problem, Mr. Valera?" he asked. I quickly shook my head.

"I just wanted to exchange seats with Ms. Luis, if that's okay?" I looked at Amy. Despite her confusion, she nodded and brought her belongings. I felt embarrassed to sit on her chair because some of my classmates were still looking at me.

Her seat was near the window where I could see the field clearly. It was on the ground floor, and I could see the soccer players. I looked at the bench and saw a woman there using her cellphone.

My heart raced as I looked at her, it was really her, She was wearing a yellow dress. She was incredibly beautiful. When she raised her head and looked around, I quickly sank into my seat even though it was impossible for her to see me from the fourth floor. I could hear the loud and fast beating of my heart. I didn't know how to calm down. I slowly adjusted my seat and looked in her direction again. She was looking down at her phone again. I smiled.

Seeing Lestari in her yellow dress through the window was like a dream come true. Her smile lit up the room, and her eyes sparkled with magic. Every move she made was graceful and mesmerizing, like a dance that enchanted my soul.

Time seemed to stop as I gazed at her, my heart skipping a beat at the sight of her beauty. It felt like the world faded away, leaving only her radiant presence that captivated me completely.

In that moment, I realized she was someone special, someone who had the power to ignite a spark within me and change my world with just a glance. As I stood there, lost in her enchanting aura, I felt a sense of wonder and excitement for the journey that lay ahead.

When the bell rang signaling the end of the day, I quickly stood up and hurried out. I walked fast just to see her. But I stopped when I reached the field. My courage disappeared. I could see her clearly, she was right in front of me. But why couldn't I approach her? Someone bumped into me because i was blocking their way so I bowed and walked back where she couldn't see me.

From there, I could still see her but from a distance. I smiled when I saw her stand on the highest bench and raise her hand.

"Cute."

She looked so small from where I was standing. I saw two people approach her. I was surprised to see that it was Euradice and Ross.

I sighed out of envy. Ross is lucky to be close to the girl I like.