0.2

RAVKA WAS NOT for Victoria. Constant hiding, hatred and surrounded by so many people who hated such a person dear to her.

     The second army, led by her infamous younger brother, Kirrigan. The new Grisha, trained by her mother, Baghra. But where did Victoria fit in the puzzle?

That's right, she didn't. She spent much of her time dreaming of Ravka beyond the fold and ridiculing her brother for his awful behaviour. Anyone would think he were raised by barbarians.

But Victoria still never really felt right in Ravka. Sure, she was a shadow summoner like no other, using the shadows as a disguise and often opting for offence, but unlike her brother, she aimed to stun and trap, rather than kill.

Still, there was never any place for Victoria.

Her maps strewn across her floor to the artwork on her walls. She daydreamed about everywhere she could go if she weren't this way. If she wasn't feared.

-🐦‍⬛-

Enough was enough when Victoria tried to take a walk through the camp where the first and second army were staying, dressed in her kefta and her hair tied in a low ponytail. Enough was enough when she went to visit her brother in his large tent, but upon exit, had the likes of mapmakers and navigators and other non-Grisha blaming her for the deaths of so many to her face, and calling her a monster just because she happened to possess the same potential as the Black Heretic.

"Take down the Fold." They said, but wouldn't let her tell them that she couldn't.
"You're the reason why we sacrifice our lives out here!" She was not the Black Heretic.

And upon telling her brother, he gave a dry chuckle. "You and I, we're the same. Monsters." Monsters. Victoria hated the word. Her response was to conceal herself in shadows and traverse the camp before returning to the Little Palace.

The maps on her walls and the papers on the floor. Oh how she wished they would drag her into some other part of Ravka. Or even Fjerda or Shu Han, though Fjerda would be a death sentence.

Anywhere was better than this.

-🐦‍⬛-

"Victoria." Baghra greeted, before the girl had even knocked.

"How could you tell?" She smiled softly at her mother, stepping into the room.

"You step softer than your brother. No-one else bothers to visit." The woman spoke, a little grit in her tone, as always.

"I came to say goodbye." Victoria told her mother, making less of an effort to conceal the bag comfortably on her shoulder.

Her mother nodded. Aleksander was practically a dictator, no wonder she wanted to get away.

"You could come with me. Across the Fold, to Ketterdam. We could sell our riches and begin our life again. Disguise ourselves and-" Victoria began, kneeling down to be eye-to-eye with her mother.

Baghra placed a hand over her daughter's, shaking her head. "I wait for the Sun Summoner. Your foolish brother cannot train them, so I will. Get rid of the Fold for good."

Victoria's smile faltered, and she bowed her head softly. Of course, her mother still believed in such a myth - much like her brother. Victoria gave up with the likes of saints when her brother renounced any dignity required with the title, creating the Fold.