Chapter 10: Tears

When Felix and John returned to the island, they immediately went upstairs to Felix's room. When Felix opened the door, he was surprised by the sight he saw. Sara was holding a sleeping Honey in her arms with a cold towel on his head.

Felix: (Whispering) Is he alright?

Sara: (Whispering back) Yes, he will be fine, but you need to help him.

Felix: Help him how?

Sara: Honey is allergic to lilies. There are some that were hidden in the garden and it made his eyes become swollen. You need to have someone remove those flowers and wash their clothes too.

Felix: John, send the new maids that we have now to remove them now.

John: I'm on it. (Leaves)

Sara: How did the meeting go? Did you know what your father wants from me?

Felix: I do, but if I tell you your reaction could wake up Honey. He looks so beautiful when he is sleeping.

Sara: I believe he wants to kill me, Felix. There is no need to sugar coat it.

Felix: He wants to torture you first before killing you.

Sara: That sick bastard. He would never change.

Felix: What did you do to him that made him so obsessive over you?

Sara: Honestly, the only thing that I did was reject him. It could be something that your great grandfather instilled in him. Your great grandfather was full of hatred even to his own family. To get to the root of your father's obsession of me, you need to ask him.

Felix: What do you want from my father?

Sara: I want to be left alone and live in peace. But since your father has made my life hell the only thing that I want is his death. Your father has gone too far to change and did things that cannot be forgiven. One of them is using your mother just to have an heir when she could give him the love that he desired. Then suddenly take her away from her only child. Felix.

Felix: Yes?

Sara: Why do you want my son when his heart belongs to another?

Felix: (Stumbling) I...I

Sara: You have never felt things until the day you met my son and his husband.

Felix: Yes, but...

Sara: My son loved his husband ever since he was a child. He could not spend time with his husband to be growing up, because your father prevented that when I had no choice but to hide my family. Tell me, Felix, what makes your feelings for my son any different from your father's feelings towards me?

Felix: (Sighs) I must admit that the only thing that makes me different is that I don't want to hurt your son or you. However, I did hurt your son when I could not accept the fact that he was married, and I wanted him for myself. I have honored your son by not forcing him to sleep with him. I am giving him time.

Sara: What will you do to my son if his heart refuses to let go of his husband?

Felix: I don't know. I don't want to think about it yet. Right now, the priority is protecting you both and the baby. I have taken his husband, but at least he will still have a part of him. I will leave you two for now and return when dinner is ready. Let him sleep as much as possible.

Sara: I will.

Felix left the room and went to his study and texted John to meet him there in thirty minutes. John came in and brought a couple of drinks for them along with a small lunch.