18 - Falling for her

One of the things Perrie hated the most in the world was her alarm clock. The obnoxious beeping was unpleasant to the ears and it was so loud, it had to be to actually wake her up. The blonde was known to be a very heavy sleeper so she had a heavy duty alarm clock.

Today it went off at quarter past seven. Jade was probably already up because she had to leave earlier to get to sound check for a performance later. Perrie was going to attend and they were meeting Leigh there. For the younger woman today was a studio day, writing in the morning and dance practise in the afternoon. She was looking forward to it.

She flung an arm out to turn the alarm off before reburying it under the warm duvet. Slowly she took a few deep breaths as she assessed her body today, trying to judge what kind of day it would be. Some days she was feeling good and able to do a normal schedule, others there were problems but she was able to cautiously push through. However some days she felt too sick or was in too much pain to leave the house, and those days were complete write offs. Thankfully those days still weren't very frequent.

Low level nausea made her stomach turn a little, making Perrie hesitant when she sat up in bed. Once she was upright it didn't get any worse so she reluctantly pulled her cosy duvet off of her body and stood up. On her bedside table Perrie's phone vibrated, catching her attention. Picking it up she saw a text pop up from Jade.

Morning baba. Do you need company?

Company is code for help, an informal code that both women had adopted. Jade doesn't want Perrie to suffer alone if she was throwing up but she also respects Perrie's independence, so rather than assume or baby her she sent a casual text.

The gesture made Perrie smile, grateful for the thoughtfulness of her best friend.

No I'm good, thanks though. I'll be down shortly.

Because she was only going to the studio today Perrie quickly decided to wear a baggy top and leggings. She didn't want to look like a complete tramp all morning with Kamille, who was quite a stylish woman, so Perrie decided against her favourite joggers.

Whilst she continued getting ready Perrie's mind started wandering to her new flatmate. Jade really had been so wonderful. She accepted Perrie with open arms and helped her unpack some of her belongings. Perrie had planned to keep everything in her room and not get in Jade's way, but whilst she was sorting out her wardrobe the brunette took some of her books and decorative items and displayed them in the front room.

Perrie didn't want to admit it but seeing her items in the communal areas and surrounded by Zack and Jade's belongings really did help this place feel like home. She felt completely settled in by the time she went to bed, having spent the whole evening talking to Jade with movies playing in the background.

The rest of the weekend continued in similar fashion, the two Geordies spending every waking minute together. It was like they gravitated towards each other. When Perrie was making dinner Jade couldn't stay out of the kitchen, coming in every two minutes to ask questions until Perrie just threw a tea towel at her and they finished cooking together. She was really going to feel Jade's absence today.

When she was ready Perrie walked downstairs and straight to the kitchen. She had several medications she needed to take in the morning with food so Jade decided to keep them in the kitchen because 'That's where the food lives Perrie'.

Jade was already in the kitchen, standing over the toaster as she put two slices of bread in. Two toasted slices were laying on a plate ready to be eaten. Hearing Perrie enter the kitchen Jade turned to her and smiled.

"Morning Jade." Perrie greeted her before she retrieved her tablet case from the cupboard. She prepared them in advance to save time in the mornings. There was no vocal response from Jade but before Perrie could question this she felt an arm wrap around her waist. Jade placed a gentle kiss on her cheek as a greeting instead.