Chapter 20

Having only known each other for a number of days, Chuuya and Jane planned regular dates to get to know each other. Jane decided to keep staying at her Aunt's place until they were formally married, and Chuuya paid surprise visits every day they hadn't planned to meet but he had free time. The Aunt became rather annoyed and even went to ask Mori to move the wedding date forward.

The couple was happily married in the Lake Garden a few months later. Although they had dated quite intensively and knew quite a lot about each other, neither of them knew nearly everything and continued to learn even more after their marriage. But that was to be expected.

Her father was overjoyed. Having been cleared of all his debt, he could live freely. He retired himself to his humble cottage to live a quiet life. However, Jane, knowing that old habits die hard, convinced Mori to have someone check on him from time to time and make sure he stayed in line with his relationships and spending. Otherwise, the couple was happy that they wouldn't have to worry about her father. He was too unpredictable, and they had enough babysitter candidates in the Mafia to last them a lifetime.

Mori was genuinely very happy for the couple. Chuuya was even more excited to protect the Mafia now that he had a wife there (not that he hadn't been devoted before), and he was somehow more energized after spending time with Jane. The Boss had also taken a liking to Jane's personality and made the effort of inviting her to chat when everything was under control elsewhere.

Unlike Jane had feared, Mori didn't ask much of her besides using her gift from time to time. And as Chuuya had insisted, Jane never knew any extra details unless it was absolutely necessary for the search. Mori was a little bit worried about Chuuya's divided loyalty, but since it posed no major problems, he declared it was "as he predicted".

One time, when Jane was up and about around the city, she wandered into the Agency and asked for Kunikida again. She heartily thanked him for rejecting her, saying that she couldn't have waited for a man less than her husband for six years.

When Dazai saw Jane's rings, he almost fell over in his chair and fainted. Thankfully, Atsushi was there to catch him, and they all wished her well, although they had no idea who she was married to. And Jane thought it best not to mention it just in case Dazai got any ideas.

After their family grew, Chuuya's life gained another layer of meaning. His new family replaced the old one and he was even thinking of how his job might affect their child's future. It was too early to worry about it too much, but they did discuss it secretly.

We end our story at the Port Mafia, where two people, genuinely in love, spent most of their daily lives, happy that they had found each other.