### Chapter 39: Time Requiem Part 1

Petr Petrov groaned as he stirred, the remnants of the zinc gas still lingering in his lungs. He blinked his eyes open, the blurry shapes of his teammates coming into focus. Steve, Henry, Sandra, and Himari stood around him, relief evident on their faces.

"Good to have you back, Petr," Steve said, offering a hand to help him up.

Petr grasped Steve's hand, pulling himself to his feet. "I miss anything exciting?"

"Just saved the day, no big deal," Henry replied with a grin, though the exhaustion in his voice was clear.

Petr nodded, a small smile tugging at his lips. "Well, let's not waste any more time. We have an ultimate being to stop."

The team gathered their gear and made their way towards the headquarters that housed the ultimate being. The air was thick with tension, each step bringing them closer to the final showdown.

As they approached the massive building, a figure stepped out from the shadows, blocking their path. The man was tall and lean, with a confident smirk plastered across his face. His flamboyant attire stood out in stark contrast to the grim surroundings.

"Well, well, well, what do we have here?" the man drawled, his voice dripping with arrogance. "A motley crew of would-be heroes, I presume?"

Steve stepped forward, his eyes narrowing. "Who are you?"

The man chuckled, bowing theatrically. "Darwin Dawson, at your service. But you may know me as the guy who's about to make your lives a living hell."

Sandra's eyes widened in recognition. "Darwin Dawson... the time manipulator. This won't be easy."

Darwin's smirk widened. "Oh, I'm flattered you know of me. But flattery won't save you." He snapped his fingers, and in an instant, the world around them seemed to freeze.

Henry felt a jolt of panic as everything went still. His eyes darted around, struggling to keep track of Darwin's movements. But before he could react, Darwin reappeared behind him, delivering a powerful kick that sent him sprawling.

The fight began in earnest. Steve unleashed a barrage of sonic blasts, trying to keep Darwin off balance. Himari's enhanced reflexes allowed him to land a few hits, but Darwin's ability to stop time made him nearly untouchable. Sandra used her telekinesis to create barriers and throw debris, but Darwin effortlessly dodged her attacks.

Henry struggled to keep up, his armor glowing as he tried to anticipate Darwin's next move. But every time he thought he had an opening, Darwin would freeze time and strike from an unexpected angle.

Petr, still weakened from the zinc gas, did his best to support his teammates, but even his immense strength was no match for Darwin's time manipulation. Each time Darwin stopped time, Petr felt the frustration of being unable to act, unable to protect his friends.

Darwin laughed, a chilling sound that echoed through the battlefield. "Is this really the best you can do? Pathetic!"

Steve gritted his teeth, his mind racing for a solution. "We need to find a way to counter his ability. If we can predict when he'll stop time, we might have a chance."

Sandra nodded, her telekinetic barriers forming a protective shield around them. "Easier said than done, but let's give it a shot."

The team adjusted their strategy, trying to anticipate Darwin's movements and create openings. But Darwin's cockiness made it clear that he was toying with them, enjoying the game of cat and mouse.

Henry's armor continued to gain percentage, inching closer to its full power. He took a deep breath, focusing on his training and the bond he shared with his teammates. "We can do this," he muttered to himself. "We have to."

As the battle raged on, the team found themselves pushed to their limits. Every attack, every move felt like a gamble. And just when it seemed they might gain the upper hand, Darwin would stop time and reset the board.

The chapter ended with Henry standing tall, his armor now at 95%, the glow of his power casting a hopeful light in the darkness. "We're not giving up," he declared, his voice filled with determination. "We'll find a way."

**To be continued...**