Chapter 41: Time Requiem Part 3

The light from Henry's attack faded, revealing the battlefield once more.
Darwin lay crumpled on the ground, seemingly defeated, his confident smirk finally wiped off his face. The Power Patrol took a collective breath, relief washing over them.
Petr shook off the last effects of the zinc gas, standing tall beside his teammates. "Is it over?" he asked, voice gruff but hopetul.
Henry nodded, still glowing faintly from the remnants of his power surge. "I think we got him."
But just as the words left his mouth, Darwin's eyes snapped open, a cunning glint flickering in them. "You really thought it would be that easy?" he sneered, his voice low and dangerous.

Before anyone could react, Darwin stopped time once more. In the frozen world, he moved with ease, a sly grin spreading across his face. He planted a small, undetectable bomb on each member of the Power Patrol, save for Himari. Time resumed, and Darwin stood, dusting himself off as if nothing had happened.
The team barely had time to process his reappearance before the bombs detonated, throwing them into disarray.
Steve was flung against the telekinetic barrier, his sonic blasts faltering.
Sandra's concentration shattered, her barrier dropping as she screamed in pain. Henry staggered, his armor flickering, while Petr roared in anger, struggling to stay upright.
Darwin moved in on Himari, who, despite his enhanced reflexes, was caught off guard. "You're fast," Darwin said, almost conversationally, "but not fast enough."
With a cruel twist, Darwin plunged a knife into Himari's chest. The fighter gasped, eyes wide in shock and pain.
The rest of the team, still reeling from the blasts, could only watch in horror as Himari crumpled to the ground.
"No!" Henry shouted, pushing himself to his feet. He launched himself at Darwin, but the time manipulator simply stepped aside, stopping time briefly to land a devastating punch to Henry's side.
Sandra, tears streaming down her face, tried to use her telekinesis to throw debris at Darwin, but he was too quick, dodging effortlessly. "Your tricks are useless," he taunted.
Steve, groaning in pain, forced himself up, a fierce determination in his eyes.
"We won't let you win," he growled, unleashing a powerful sonic blast. This time, Darwin didn't see it coming, and the blast sent him crashing into a wall.

For a moment, it seemed like they had a chance. But Darwin, bloodied but unbroken, rose to his feet with a mad gleam in his eyes. "You might have power," he said, "but you lack the brains to use it."
He moved to strike again, but Henry, his armor now glowing brightly again, intercepted him. "We won't let you take any more lives," he said, voice filled with resolve.
Darwin laughed, a chilling sound.
"You're too late for that," he sneered, glancing at Himari's still form. "But you're welcome to try."
The chapter ended with the Power Patrol battered and bruised, but standing together, ready for the next round against the seemingly unstoppable Darwin Dawson.
To be continued...