Chapter Fourteen

••••••••••

••••••••••

Max stands in the armory room of the firefly base, her arms having different cuts and bruises because of the brutal fight Sam and her just had between her and all of the Fireflies within the base side, at least the ones that were within the base at the time of the battle.

Bodies are everywhere, bodies being dotted on every single floor everywhere around the base side, it being like a complete massacre. The alarms around the base side still go off, calling for an emergency that no one answers to. No infected being lured around to the area of the loud noise because of the infected being clear around the area, it just being the sound of the alarms and the repeated automated voice of an emergency.

But for Max it is complete silence, the sound of the alarm and the automated voice being faint for her, even the sounds of Lovely's barks who stand beside her, barking to try and get her attention. Her hands are leaned against the counter of the armory, blood being all around her from the countless amounts of soldiers and even citizens that she has killed.

The killings just bringing back memories she doesn't want to relive.

The sounds of Sam saying her name becomes very faint for her as she goes to slowly stand up, her shivering and shaking body staring at Kenneth's gruesomely dead body in shock. Her red eyes are widen in shock, blood being all around her from the countless amounts of guards she has killed, along with Kenneth's blood being all around her, her going to slowly bring her shaky hands up to look at.

Tears begin to stream down her face at seeing her hands soaked in blood, her just sobbing out as she goes to hug herself. "Oh no! No no no no—"

"MAX!"

Max grits her teeth hard while slowly tilting her head to the side, her being confused just as much as she is angry and tired.

She doesn't know what the hell just happened.

Sam uses the gasoline to pour all over the place, him getting down to the armory room to see Max. "Max!"

Max turns around to face him. "Yeah?"

"Come on we need to get going." Sam mentions. "Got that backpack filled up?"

Max looks back at the bigger backpack that she found, both her and Sam deciding to loot and get all that they can before leaving, including bigger backpacks that can store more. "Yeah, all filled up."

Sam goes over to her, him standing in front of her and cradling her face. "I know this was...a lot—"

"Dad I'm tired of—"