- 𝐎.𝟐𝟒

THIS CHAPTER IS ALL OVER THE PLACE.

───   "GOUENJI, TORAMARU and Kiyama's new combination shot burns through the goal! Inazuma Japan has snatched a point, breaking The Empire's perfect record of no points lost!"

1 - 2

"That's impossible.." Teres muttered, staring at the goal, "They broke through our hissatsu tactics.."

You stood up along with Kidou and Endou, "Grand Fire.."

Fidio stared at the screen, his lips parted slightly, "I don't believe it... They broke through those hissatsu tactics.."

"We did it, Gouenji, Hiroto!" Toramaru cheered, a wide smile on his face.

Kazemaru slowly walked closer to the side lines, being mindful of his injury, "Now that their hissatsu tactics don't work on us anymore, this game is ours! We can win this match!"

"Alright, guys! Let's turn this around!" Someoka yelled.

"Yeah!"

"There's the final whistle! The Empire makes a narrow victory with 2-1!"

The team all paused their cheering, slowly taking a look at the scoreboard. Their eyes went wide as they stared at the numbers, the once vibrant energy had faded into a heavy silence, broken only by the occasional sigh or muttered word of frustration.

They slowly trudged off the field, heads hanging low and shoulders slumped in defeat. Some kicked at the ground in frustration, while others sat on the bench in a dejected silence, replaying the game's crucial moments in their minds.

Endou's consoling words seemed so distant.

───
[ Inazuma Japan Lodge ]

"We lost.." Kurimatsu broke the silence as they all stood in front of the lodge.

"Guys!" Endou shouted, changing his walk to a run.

They all looked up and in the direction of his voice, seeing Endou run over while the rest of you walked behind him. "Captain!" Kogure exclaimed softly.

You followed Endou's actions soon after your eyes locked with a certain pair. "Shuuya!" You shouted, stumbling slightly as you fell into his open arms.

He held you tightly, resting his chin on your head as you shoved your face into the crook of his neck. "Are you okay?"

"I'm okay, don't worry," You reassured him, reaching up to cup his face.

He rubbed his hands against your bare arms, "I was so worried.."

Your gaze softened, "You're sweet, you know that right? But I'm fine."

He kissed your palm before he leaned into your touch. "You went missing, Y/n. Of course I'd be worried for you."

"We'll explain everything later." A small sigh left your lips before you kissed him on the cheek, holding his hands. "Can I sleep in your room tonight?"

He nodded, rubbing his thumb against your knuckles, "Of course."

"Sorry, Endou." Kazemaru began, his head down, "We couldn't win."

Endou stared at his friend for a moment, blinking slowly before smiling. "Cheer up! This doesn't mean that we can't still make it to the finals tournament! It's true that we've lost one match, but as long as we win the rest of our matches, we still have a chance."

"Yeah," You agreed, nodding your head, "But more importantly, that new Grand Fire hissatsu of yours was amazing!" You smiled at Hiroto and placed a hand on Toramaru's shoulder.