Part 4: The Encounter

Kid Kid Kid Kid!

Kid Sama! Please take me with you! Kid Sama! Welcome back!

The fans' crazy shouts below, and the tattered cloak dancing in the arrogant strong wind, strikingly prominent, as if this elegant noble phantom thief didn't belong here, but to another world.

It really is him.

Kaitou Kid.

Kudo Shinichi swallowed quietly, the magician before him, so real yet so illusory.

"Yo, detective, looks like you've reverted back." Kaitou Kid's figure, light and steady, stood on the edge of the rooftop, his monocle reflecting the full moon in the sky.

He's still alive.

First relief, then full of doubts, did this guy forget the scene from last time?

Their conversation remained as usual, provoking, probing, without pretense.

"Yes, revert back, next is to send you to prison."

"Oh__" Kid feigned surprise, seeing Kudo Shinichi raising a gun, his mouth twisted: "Detective is serious this time?" His slender fingers, his bewitching expression, made one's heart itch.

"Hey hey__ after all, I'm a victim too, last time's notice wasn't from me, this time is just... clarifying." Kid secretly wiped cold sweat, he could feel Kudo Shinichi's seriousness, a powerful aura, completely unmatched by Edogawa Conan.

"Too bad you didn't get to enjoy my show downstairs. It was specially prepared for you, detective, consider it a return gift." Kaitou Kid knew the detective had blocked all the escape routes from the basement, the police guarding the exits were certainly his idea, and the only way out was the rooftop. Ah, pity the fireworks picked by Jii-chan, should've given them to Aoko, at least she would thank him.

"Too much talk." Kudo lowered the safety catch: "Having you is enough as a gift."

Was it an illusion, Kudo noticed a fleeting look in Kid's eyes, Kid also pulled out his poker card gun, aiming straight. Kudo Shinichi laughed: "Hmph__ planning to compete your card gun with my pistol ?"

Swish__ Kudo stared blankly as a card sliced past like a blade , leaving a shallow cut on his cheek, and seemingly hit something, clang__ a gunshot , Kid pushed Kudo away, the cement wall left with spider web cracks and steaming shells. At the same time, a bullet pierced through Kid's right shoulder.

Blood bloomed like wildflowers on Kid's pure white suit.

"Who is this ?" Kudo growled into the darkness.

Clap, clap, clap—crisp and loud clapping sounds echoed eerily in the night as a tall man emerged from the shadows, his iconic features allowed Kid recognized this bastard with a short glance__ that familiar black hat and a distinctive mustache. Snake.

"As expected of the undying phantom thief, Kaito Kid. I never thought you'd still be alive. Well, if Gin and his subordinates had actually killed you, it would have been quite embarrassing for me," Snake said. Kudo didn't intend to waste words and immediately aimed his gun at Snake, kicking away the Snake's gun on the floor.

It was always the same. Whenever a third party tried to interfere in their duels, they would deal with the outsider first.

"What do you want this time?" Kid asked.

"Nothing much, just here to confirm if you're really alive. Turns out, you are. Boss was right, and you didn't disappoint him. Your magic show is as brilliant as ever. Looks like you've found your place off the stage, Kaito Kid."