Part 22 :Admit and Refuse

After one last check, the attending physician nodded. The CT scan results were fine, and the doctor was amazed at the young man's quick recovery, though not surprised. The neurotoxin inside his body was faded__known as the poison of the century, and also had the ability to trigger rapid cell regeneration. But why did this teenager have such a classified neurotoxin in his system?

The closer to a perfect ordinary life the genius appeared, the more perfect a criminal he became. Enjoying his last moments of freedom, Kuroba Kaito took in the cold air deeply, cherishing the freedom he once had.

Kuroba Kaito enjoyed a moment of solitude, with only a single incandescent bulb lighting the dressing room in front of the clinic. After a while, he spoke coldly into the darkness, "Standing at the door all this time, aren't you tired?"

Wearing a long indigo suit and sporting neatly cropped hair, Kuroba Kaito recognized her. In the darkness, a wise and deep smile appeared.

However, he acted like he never knew the woman in the formal suit as the agent.

"We're both smart people, no need for small talk. I'll get straight to the point. I'm here to propose a deal on behalf of my boss. This is between you and us, unrelated to the FBI."

"What do you want?"

"You..."

Kuroba instinctively took a step back.

"Don't worry. For now, the boss is just interested in you and wanted me to inform you not to act rashly." Her sharp heels clicked forward.

"But before that, I want to know what you want. If you want freedom, we can arrange for you to leave the country immediately, with a new identity and a new life."

Kuroba laughed and interrupted, "If I escape the FBI and gain freedom, I'll soon be hunted by various countries or wake up in some underground 'fortress.' I dare not be such a distinguished guest."

She raised an eyebrow soothingly, "A smart person indeed."

Kuroba laughed, "Afraid I'll run away?"

"Of course, a world-renowned genius thief, a master of evasion and escape. Every law enforcement officer's blood boils seeing your white silhouette, yet they fear your magical performances and unpredictable escapes. The guards in your ward, all top graduates from military academies, even decorated agents, don't dare blink in front of you, fearing you'll vanish like smoke, even while handcuffed and unconscious."

The woman in the dark laughed like a crescent moon, beautiful and cold. Kuroba calmly retreated several steps, the moonlight transforming into his white suit, covering his black attire.

The woman approached again, her voice haunting in the night, "Knowing you don't trust judicial justice, I'm being straightforward. With your crimes, intelligence, skills, and memory, the Japanese police and FBI will never let you go."

"You're not with the police... Vermouth,"

Seeing no need for further concealment, Vermouth removed her mask, smiling helplessly, ""As expected of you, being the only son and heir of his." Vermouth said, "Soon, the organization will come for you, so be cautious. When that time comes, you must reconsider your role."

"And your advice is?"

"For now, the police offer the best protection."

############################################

The next day's interrogation saw an influx of people, including additional FBI agents. Aoko nearly got pushed out by the crowd, but a strong hand caught her just in time.