Part 27: First case, first dance

Notes:

Finally solving cases together, isn't that a great excuse for the closer connection and being together(literally)?
Thanks for your patience, I know the story is a bit long, yet I am not quite finished, their romantic relationships just began.
So first case, Maybe first dance?

And please, do not blame Kudo Shinichi for grabbing Ran to shop for Kid, because now they are still just friends/colleagues/nemesis. He didn't mean to hurt Ran's feelings.(Let's just say, this won't be the last time before they break up. BTY:Don't worry, I like Ran, so she won't end up badly, just not with Meitantei.)

More unfamiliar faces followed behind Kudo SHinichi showed up. Kuroba didn't need to ask to know who they were. From the quality of their understated black uniforms, their walking positions, their body language, and even the terms they used, Kuroba quickly deduced that they were a mix of high-ranking Japanese officers and federal agents.

Yes, he recognized a few familiar face__also a few high-ranking officials whom he had encountered while sneaking into the police headquarters as Kid, or maybe he had knocked out a few and borrowed their identities.

Fortunately, they weren't here to introduce themselves, and Kuroba Kaito had no intention of getting to know or avoiding them.

He stood there indifferently, like a museum's prized exhibit, letting them observe without bothering to interpret each officer's expressions or comments. Once every officer had signed their names, the agreement was established. Finally, Kudo couldn't stand the situation any longer, so he dragged Kuroba away. "Hey, you come with me."

"Metantei, could you slow down a bit?Oh my, you are as strong as Aoko." Kuroba, annoyed, followed his pace.

In front of the desk were a few high-ranking police officers. And Officer Takagi locked the door behind him and nodded at Kudo.

"Of course, this is still a form of detention. We restrict your freedom by limiting your movement range. Under non-emergency circumstances, you must stay within one kilometer of your handler," Akai Shuichi said as he took out a small silver gun, causing Kuroba to instinctively step back.

"A locator. I hope you won't force us to use this to track you. Otherwise, the result will be a massive armed police force hunting you down." Akai took out another small box, containing two compartments. The silver gun and a little box.

Kuroba spaced out for a moment. Did he hear that wrong?

Seriously, High school?

Just as he nodded, two sturdy officers immediately stepped forward, tearing open his collar without a word. Akai's precise marksmanship wasn't limited to sniping from afar; it also included an understanding of human anatomy and physiology. A searing pain surged through him as cold alcohol and the narrow gun barrel pierced his skin. Kuroba couldn't endure it for a moment. The small tracker was embedded above his right chest, beneath the scapula, following a path that passed through nerve-rich fascia.

"That wound should heal in about a week. The doctor will prescribe some painkillers. But I bet you can endure that well." Kudo, somewhat sympathetic, noted that Kuroba was in too much pain to make any sarcasm.

"Well, you can have a try and then you say that." Kuroba took some time to finally squeeze a word.

"You and your handler will live together, work together. If you get close to the range limit, the handcuffs will send out an alert, along with your approximate location."

These people sure talk a lot... Kuroba endured the pain in his chest and directly asked what mattered most to him: "Who... is the handler?"

At that moment, the great detective in front of him, so similar to himself, flashed a bright smile.