Chapter 3.

(Subject 18's point of view)

It's been a long,long cold day. My cell is pretty horrendous to me. The walls are just smooth white stone. And the ground is stained tile... I don't even know what's on it. It's so cold in this damn place... Besides it's not like I have shoes... My feet are cold. I hear beeping. For fucks sake another experiment? Well at least it's probably not a freak, If The Scientist thought it was a freak he'd just kill the... Creature. Half the time he's in that room down the hallway. I hear him shuffling past my cell. His shoes make soft taps on the floor. I pull my knees to my chest so he doesn't look at me... I look out the glass of my cell. A kid? I only get a glance. It seems like some red head. They've got a tail like me! Nice only one though. Well... I feel bad for the little shit. I mean it's Ganna be here its entire life... Whatever. I have to push myself up off the cold floor. My stomach is rumbling like hell. I guess The Scientist has been too busy with his experiment to feed me. At least that kid looked more human than me. I mean... I have deep blueish-green skin. And horns. And two tails, so that kid is way more normal than me. I hear the kid getting dropped in a room about one cell between us. Then the scientist shuffles past me again. I wack my two tails against the glass... It kinda hurts actually... The Scientist pauses right in front of the glass. He slowly turns his head and gives me a bored look. He seems to slowly walk up to the glass. It's like he limps or some shit. He speaks to me through the glass. His deep raspy voice echoes down the hallway... How does he manage to be so loud!

"Subject 1-"

I cut him off mid sentence

"Kai, my name is Kai."

He scowls at me and rolls his eyes. He says

"Kai. You know you have an assigned name,I understand that you're looking for free will but finding your own name may be difficult..."

I scowl at him. I don't care. That's my name, I don't want to go by 'Subject' anything. It's fucking demoralizing. I cross my arms as he continues to speak.

"You know Kai, you're very intelligent. Yet you don't talk or ask for anything,you just complain and bang on your glass. You need to stop by the way that glass is so expensive.... Now what do you want sub-.... Kai."

My tails swish against the floor,I make the fluorescent light in my tails flair.

"Food."

I say,I try to make my voice as plain as possible so maybe he'll understand how much I hate his guts.  He says.

"Well, wasn't that hard? I'll go get you food you poor thing." He tilts his head and.. smiles at me? It's hard to tell with his mask on. I wonder what it's even made of, it's soft looking but not cloth,and it's solid but it still moves like a lava lamp or something on top of the mask... Weird.