Chapter 15

(Vern's Perspective.)

...what's in the world is that sound? I slowly shift and open my eyes to look up at a uncomfortable and distressed looking Kai. What's wrong? He's running his fingers through my hair which feels nice... But I'm getting anxious..

"K-Kai what's wr-"

he gently puts a finger to my lips and shush's me. His pupils are dilated and his ears are tilted forward ever so slightly,so are his... Horns. His horns seem to be able to shift,but not much. He seems focused. I tighten my tail around his arm. I close my eyes and listen close. I hear taps on the ground and theirs so much screaming,and crying,and all sorts of sounds. It's... Scary. I peak a little...

Kai tenses and wraps his arms around me tightly,he even bends his back ever so slightly as if trying to hide me. His tails rear up behind him and spark, they crackle with energy. I hear something being dragged,theirs kicking and yelling. And odd sounds. And soft taps of shoes,and angry repeated cusses in a deap voice... Is that... The Scientist?

I open my eyes fully and look over my shoulder. Theirs some sort of... Thing, being dragged down the hallway,it's covered in bruises and cuts. And it's bleeding and kicking,it looks humanoid... The Scientist has his hands around its wrists dragging it. Its hair is purple... It's skin is blue, almost like it has no blood... Although I can see it's veins.

 Although I can see it's veins

My pupils Dilate... Why? Why? This can't be happening. Why in the world would anyone do this? Its eyes are deformed... Blind... The Scientist made me... Did he make this thing? Who would he make it blind? Is... Is that Ganna happen to me. My eyes tear up,and I try not to cry... No I can't,I can't. I don't want to be like that. I shiver in Kai's arms. Kai tries to turn my head against his chest. Kai says softly.

"It's ok Vern... It's ok"

But it's not... It's not ok. It can't be ok. His tails gently wrap around me too,they aren't sparking anymore. They're just glowing softly.