Chapter 13

(Vern's Perspective)

I look down at the ground... I want to trust Kai but I don't know

"Hey... Kid, I-i... I'm not like The Scientist. I won't squeeze you are anything" hm? The Scientist who in the world is that? That's kinda a lousy name anyway...

"The guy in the red mask. That's who he is, The Scientist. You shouldn't get attached to him trust me, just call him that... Also it makes it easier.... Anyway... C'mere."

What?... I mean my dad is mean. And maybe Kai knows better. He kneels down In front of me and I flinch slightly.. I slowly walk towards him, I don't really know how to walk like he does but he doesn't seem to mind. I flinch slightly,I kinda expected him to be rough but he picks me up gently. His hands are pretty rough though. He gently holds me against his chest. I can hear a loud slow heart beat. He slowly backs up against a wall and sits down. This is nice...very nice. He feels real' warm.

I wrap my tail around his arm. I have my arms tucked up against my chest. I look up at him, he seems to be looking down at his arm. He looks weird, his skin is blue-green and his hair is deep blue... I wonder why. He seems to look back down at me. I had a soft smile on his face. He seems to shift slightly to sit up more and cross his legs,he's awfully strong... I can feel muscles flex under me as I shifts.

"Ya know, I think we're Ganna get along ok? I promise to teach you some English, although... It looks like you already know how to talk to you just copy folks,don't you?" He pauses and I shake my head yes. "I thought so... You know,you should sleep kid. You've got all the time in the world,I'll be here when you wake up, ok?"

He tilts his head,and I tilt my head back... Sleep? I mean I'm kinda tired. I will listen to him I guess... I let my head against his chest and slowly falls asleep...