Chapter 20

I give Vern a calm look as she walks up Infront of me on her four legs. She seems seems to copy me and cross her legs as she puts down Infront of me.

"Okay, kid. Let's get this over with alright?" I give her a soft smirk...of course I assume she's basically gonna learn really fuckin' slowly... But that's ok I'll be patient I guess.

[[Twenty minutes later]]

Finally after twenty minutes the kid starts to improve... I remember when I was young, all small and sorts and I had to try to teach myself English...it was definitely rough. But she seems smart. Smart like I was. I Chuckle softly... This kid is definitely something. I ruffle her hair and she gives me a happy little cute look.

"Good job kid, your pretty smart... I'll keep that in mind. Afterall you might just be the next great philosopher or something..." I joke with her. She seems to perk up seemingly excited at the idea of being a philosopher.

She seems to practically vibrate with excitement and smile up at me widely. Her happy mood seems to be interrupted...by a loud grumble from her stomach and she winces. I furrow my brows a bit...oh poor kid,she's probably starving. She seems to whine softly and pipes up.

"Kai! I'm hungry...is good gonna get here soon?..." Her tail scrapes against the floor uncomfortablely.

Well I can't just let the kid go hungry...it sucks to starve... I would know. I stretch out my back to pop it again... goddamn my back hurts. And I walk over to the glass. I know it's not time to eat...but the kid looks hungry. And she's gonna keep whining till I find her some damn food.

So...I guess I'm gonna have to break the rule. I bang my fist against the glass panel and one of the cameras on the wall whirs to life and turns in my derection. I sigh as I speak through the glass.

"Hey! Dick head, I know you can see me! Get me some food! How about you get the attention of the scientist huh robot?" The camera makes a odd clicking sound and then turns off... From what I've seen this who damn building has a robot sort of thing in it... And the scientist uses it everywhere he goes like a lazy ass hat.

Vern seems to step up to the glass panel to look at me,she looks a bit confused but rather curious. She flinches softly when I curse... But she's just gonna have to get used to it. A voice comes out of the camera,the deep raspy voice of the scientist...Vern flinches once more before relaxing.

"Relax,relax You two. My assistant went out hunting for fresh food,and he should be able to deliver it to you directly... And please, please shut your mouth. Your loud and if you distress the other experiments I will not be kind." I roll my eyes. And scoff. His assistant? Oh whatever... I've basically never seen the guy,I've just heard him walking around.