Chapter 14

(Kai's prospective)

I smile as I look down at her. It's not so bad having someone to talk to.

"Ya know, I think we're Ganna get along ok? I promise to teach you some English, although... It looks like you already know how to talk to you just copy folks,don't you?" I pause. She shakes her head yes, she has a sorta cheeky look on her face. "I thought so... You know,you should sleep kid. You've got all the time in the world,I'll be here when you wake up, ok?"

I don't want her to be awake... Around this time of day other experiments here wake up and stretch... And also scream,and act out. I don't want her sweet innocence spoiled by some experiment being dragged down the hallway by The Scientist or his Apprentice. I tilt my head slightly as if to prove my point,she tilts her head back. She has a stubborn sort of look in her eyes but she leans her head against my chest. I feel her breathing slow down... Her tail loosens but keeps its position wrapped around my arm.

I gently get a arm up under her so I'm holding her almost like a baby or something. I gently rock her in my arms to sooth her... Down and up the hallway I hear scratching,shifting,loud groans and pops of bones while experiments stretch. Dammit...

Just as I had predicted someone started to get loud. Their was crying,screaming,and glass banging down the hallway. I guess it's another new experiment coming to terms with the fact they are stuck her for life. Vern shifts and whines in my arms. I try to run my fingers through her hair to sooth her further. The crys get louder so I simply cup my hand over her ear and she calms down. I jolt slightly as I hear beeps, and soft clicks down the hallway. That's definitely The Scientist.

Vern shifts and her eyes crack open... Damnit, damnit, damnit!