Chapter 9

(From Kai's prospective)

I see the kid back up once I hit the glass... Eh, poor thing. I'm sure she's petrified... It's fine though. I'm tough enough to take the blow she isn't... The Scientist sighs and seems to tap his foot... I hear the soft clicks he seems impatient. It's rare that I ever see him impatient.

"You are both horrible,terrible handfuls. Both of you please,shut the hell up. I will not hesitate to hurt either of you." The Scientist says. He seems to be done with our shit... Heh good,fuck em'.

He looks my way and says. "If you're so protective of her Subject 18, why don't you take care of her?... Actually,that's a good idea. Ah-ha-heh curse my genius" I grins and chuckles like an idiot before he continues "anyway, lets just see if you're smart enough to take care of subject 19"

what Did he just say? He wants me to take care of the kid.... Why?... This may actually be interesting,at least I won't be alone all day. Although I assume the kid will nag me and shit to play with it and whatever children do. I just sit around all day... Talk to my empty walls, and sometimes I do whatever activity The Scientist wants me or allows me to do. Or I just work out, I mean The Scientist wanted me to be strong when he worked on my genetics,he made me smart... Built me to be better than a human. I don't know why. But... Especially why would he do this? The kid seems to perk up though... Damn it. I have this thing to take care of.... How am I supposed to entertain her,and make her happy?

I watched as The Scientist carefully Opened the door to the kids room and slipped in

I watched as The Scientist carefully Opened the door to the kids room and slipped in. When he picked up the kid she squirmed and wiggled, clearly not really liking him. Her tail whipped about, and she batted at his sleeve with her hands. The Scientist clearly did not care. He was very bad at handling her... Like ide do any better though. He opened the door and walked down the hallway to where I am... He says.

"...hello Kai, this is Subject 19. I'm sure you've heard me talking about this... Thing. Well she's your responsibility now. I will give you food to feed her, and it's your job to help her learn English. Not mine."

He opens the door to my cell. And he plops her in. I kinda just... stare at her. Her eyes light up.