Chapter 12

(Kai's point of view)

The kid doesn't seem to bothered by being here... Her eyes light up brighter, she seems excited. Her tail thumps against the floor excitedly.

"Uh... Hey kiddo... My name is Kai, I know you can't say anything back but it's nice to meet you I guess." At least I'm trying to talk to her. Afterall I have to take care of this little sh- kid.

"Subject 19!" She beams up at me... I arch up my eyebrow. I do have to admit I'm surprised she can speak since all she has done has yell. Damn it, The Scientist must've taught her some shit lessons. And I'm not calling anyone 'Subject'. So I guess I should come up with a name.

"Heh... Guess you can talk kid. Heay, I'm not calling you that though. How about a real name?... Uhm... Lila?" She shakes her head and looks at me expectantly. I'm not the best at names, since I've never named anyone but myself.

"Jones... Chara... Laytes... I dont know.... Vern?" I try to list off things that she may agree with.

"Yes! Yes! Vern!" She nods her head excitedly,she seems to be one excited little bugger. She seems to lean forward,I step back... Is she Ganna bite me?... I don't know what kids do. Then she wraps her little arms around my leg. She squeezes my leg and doesn't let go... Hm... Heh,Ive never gotten a hug. I guess she's kinda cute. Maybe I should keep her around? I mean what else do I have to do? Eat her? Heh, nah.

"...Heh.... Ok. Well damn, you're just a cute little thing huh?" I bend down and hold out my arms invitingly. I guess I should learn how to hold her. She seems to back up. There is an untrusting look in her eyes. Oh.... Well I do understand her. After all The Scientist really does hold her tight when he picks her up.

"Hey... Kid, I-i... I'm not like The Scientist. I won't squeeze you are anything" she looks up at me and tilts her head in confusion. Oh yeah she probably doesn't have a name for him.

"The guy in the red mask. Thats who he is, The Scientist. You shouldn't get attached to him trust me, just call him that... Also it makes it easier.... Anyway... C'mere." I kneel down and give a hopeful smirk. She slowly walks towards me... She walks on all fours, well I wouldn't put it past The Scientist to just not teach her how to walk. He taught me about five months after he put me in here about two decades ago... And a year. But she lets me pick her up. I pick her up gently,I'm very bad at being gentle since I have rough hands.... And I'm just bad at it. I hold her to my chest trying to comfort her. I don't exactly know how she feels about this place. Hopefully she isn't too scared. I back up against a wall and slide down until im sitting. Her little delicate tail wraps around my arm... Now that's cute. I have to admit having the small breathing wait in my arms which is Vern is kinda nice. Maby this'll be ok... I guess. I look down, to see two big green eyes looking back up at me. She has her face against my chest but she's turned her head up,she doesn't have a neck so I don't even know if that's uncomfortable or what.