Chapter 4

(The Scientists point of view)

I finally drop Subject 19 in her room. It was hard enough spending months developing her and planning for her. I don't want to spend any more time than I need to with subject 19 it may compromise how she develops. I can finally go back to my favorite lab room and improve on an experiment like her. As I'm walking I hear a loud banging sound. So I stop. What now? I turn my head, ah Subject 18. Throwing a hissy fit despite being fully grown.

"Subject 1-"

I try to address him but he cuts me off rudely...

"Kai, my name is Kai."

He says. He is suprisngly intelligent, he's the only one of my experiments that wants to be distinct from others or shows rebellion.
But that doesn't make it any less annoying. I scowl at Subject 18.

"Kai. You know you have an assigned name,I understand that you're looking for free will but finding your own name may be difficult..."

I must aloud. He doesn't seem to care what I have to say. He scowls back at me,he crosses his arms like an insolent child. His tails whip back and forth against the ground as if he'd think that'd make me be any nicer.

"You know Kai, you're very intelligent. Yet you don't talk or ask for anything,you just complain and bang on your glass. You need to stop by the way that glass is so expensive.... Now what do you want sub-.... Kai."

His tails swish... He seems to purposely make the fluorescent lights in his tails light up. Interesting, he's finally figured out he can do that. I assume he's trying to... Make me intimidated.

"Food."

He says in a very dry tone. I don't quite understand why he hates me so much. I feed him,clothes him, and keep him clean and safe.

"Well, wasn't that hard? I'll go get you food you poor thing." I tilt my head giving sass back to him. I smile... He looks confused slightly.

I walk past his cell. Down the hallway to my lab. I put in the code '6508' it's easy to remember since my memory is impeccable. I open up the heavy door and shut it behind me. It instantly locks. I reach around trying to find the button to turn on the lights

"Damn it,where is it?..."

Ah, finally I find the button and press It. The lights turn on. Although they are dull since I've had them for... I don't remember how long. I walk around the many operating tables I have,and my island tables. Their it is! My food drawer. Of course I could get my machines to catch a rabbit or something... But Subject 18 has shown me sass. Although my food is still high quality I'm giving him what I like to call 'kibble'. It's a mix of cut up meats,veggies,and a few cherries. It's good for him, although he has problems with eating Kibble.... I'm not sure why.