Chapter 7

(From Kai's point of view)

I was just thinking The Scientist wasn't Ganna come back... When I hear a loud ass shout... Ugh damn kid. I was Ganna get a further look when The Scientist finally comes back. With kibble... Fucking kibble. Im not a dog for fucks sake.

"I've brought you your food Kai. You better have nothing to do with Subject 19's yelling or I will punish you." I wince softly at his words of 'punishment'. I hear the kid quiet down and he glanced to the left as if he notices it too.

"Just give it here..."

I say. I'm a little lost in thought... Poor kid. I've got bruises for a reason. He doesn't punish... It's abuse if you ask me, torture more than anything. I watch as he kneels down and hands the food through the slot. The food looks old, but ide be a damn fool if ide pass a meal up. So I devour it as fast as possible,I don't want to taste it I just want to swallow the food and be done with it. Theirs no need to dwell on such slop. I finally am done. I turn my head to see what The Scientist is saying to the poor kid.

"Hello, subject 19. I will give you one chance to correct your behavior since your young. Do not yell in this place. You must be quiet,try to stay out of trouble and please keep your nose in your own business Subject 19...."

His voice trails off as he looks at her. It's hard to tell what his gaze means since the life less plastic eyes of his mask are pretty much emotionless besides the blinking.

"Subject 19, did you hear a word I said to you?"

The kid keeps her eyes on the food, honestly I kinda respect the little shit... I know it's not intentional but she sure has balls to pull shit like that with The Scientist. I see him give a firm kick to the glass panel... Theirs no way in hell this horrid fucking guy just tried to scare a child... That fucking bastard. I'll be damned if that happens to another person besides me and who came before me. The kid jolts back,I can see her shoulders shaking... She looks scared. She probably doesn't even know why he's doing that. I slam my fist against the glass of my cell, there's no way he's Ganna do that... I'd rather be punished than that poor kid. The kid turns her head towards me in surprise. Her pupils... Are odd, but she looks so innocent. I doubt she'll be happy for long in this horrible place. I keep my tails up, it's a threat. My tails are electric, the first time I shocked the scientist was rich! Heh... I was so young...

 I was so young