Chapter 6

(From the Scientists point of view)

I reach into the cabinet and feel around for the kibble. I hear a loud shout coming outside the room... Hopefully subject 19 hasn't hurt herself somehow. I pick up the bag of kibble,it's old but Subject 18 will just have to deal, besides I'll be getting knew fresh meat soon. My apprentice has been gone for awhile but he should be back soon. I walk over to the door,turn the light off and enter the code in the door,in the darkness. When I step out I see Subject 19 shouting at a very confused subject 18. It's only been a small while and subject 19 is already causing problems. I sigh and shut the door behind me. Subject 18 turns his attention towards me,his expert hearing makes everything louder so I expected him to notice me. Subject 19 shrinks back,she is in trouble... I'm glad she knows. I walk over to the glass panel of subject 18's cell.

"I've brought you your food Kai. You better have nothing to do with Subject 19's yelling or I will punish you." I hear subject 19 suddenly stop yelling.

"Just give it here..."

Subject 18 looks down at the ground away from subject 19, I wonder what's wrong with him? Well it'll have to wait. I bend down to open up a small compartment on the ground near his glass panel, theirs a plate inside. I pour the kibble in it and close the compartment. Subject 18 bends down and opens the compartment, theirs two doors on the outside and one on the inside. And then he grabs the plates and eagerly eats it. I turn my head in the direction of subject 19's cell. Although a few moments ago she had shrunk back she is now pressed up against the glass again. I walk down the hallway to her cell and stop Infront of the panel. She seems to excitedly wag her tail, I assume that's a sign of excitement.

"Hello, subject 19. I will give you one chance to correct your behavior since your young. Do not yell in this place. You must be quiet,try to stay out of trouble and please keep your nose in your own business Subject 19...."

I trail off. She seems not to be listening to me. Her eyes are on the bag of kibble in my hands... How hungry could she possibly be?  Her whips against the floor happily. I sigh.

"Subject 19, did you hear a word I said to you?"

Subject 19 continues to keep her eyes glued on the food. Seemingly she's not Ganna let up. I have given her a warning. I give a soft but firm kick to the glass panel, my leather shoes make a loud click that makes the old glass shudder. Subject 19 jolts back her pupils... Oddly dilate. Usually they are a square like shape.

 Usually they are a square like shape

She'll just have to learn. I open my mouth to speak,I was going to try to speak to her again but subject 18 bangs a fist against the glass of his cell. I turn my head to give him my attention and he sneers at me,like I'm trash... How disrespectful.