TWELVE

HAVEN HUNTLEY

"Please Haven..." She begged, her face full of desperation, eyes pleading with a mix of yearning and a deep need for my touch.

Desperation, can be seen as a profound, consuming longing that overwhelms reason and decorum, stripping away all pretense and leaving only raw, unfiltered emotion. It is a powerful force that drives one to the edge, revealing the depths of human vulnerability and desire.

Desperation was an emotion I couldn't afford to have, an emotion I couldn't give in to, a need I couldn't submit to. Her pleading eyes and trembling voice stirred something deep within me, but I knew I couldn't accept that need. For her sake and mine, I had to remain steadfast, untouched by the raw vulnerability that threatened to pull me in.

"Go home Ashford." I demanded, my voice softening so as to not break her further, she was vulnerable, fragile and just so breakable.

I felt a strong desire to hurt her, to shatter her spirit, to ensure she would always return to me, relying solely on my care.

Only me.

Yet, I couldn't bear to ruin her in this moment, I wanted to but I couldn't. I held back with all I could. I held back. For her.

"I'm begging haven...I never beg.." Tears welled up in her eyes ready to flow like a river any second.

"Get out Ashford."

The mere sight of her unraveled my thoughts, tangling reason with reckless desire. I was gripped by fear, fear that I would cross a line, commit an act I could never undo, something unholy.

She had to go before I spin out of control, before my body takes over my mind, to carry out my deepest desires, desires I've dedicated my whole life to burying forever.

"I need you." Her voice softening, her eyes watery, red and puffy as her hand grabbed onto mine, pulling it gently to her face, a shiver of forbidden longing coursed through me.

"You can't need me." I sighed, tugging my hand lightly away from her face but it didn't budge as her grip tightened, her longing for my touch evident.

"Let go." I said sternly , my jaw clenching at the pitiful look on her face, her eyes filled with a strong need. A need for me.

"Fuck me haven."

"Ask someone else."

"I want you."

"I hate you."

I did. I really did hate her.

I hated her whole being, I hated the way she was so pushy, the way she was effortlessly able to get into my head, the way she was just her.

"Just once..no strings attached." her pleads getting more desperate with every word spoken out from her mouth.

"You just never fucking give up do you?" Sighing, I held onto her wrist pulling her further into my penthouse, the dim lights doing nothing in helping me find my way to where I was headed.

"What are you doing?" Her voice filled with confusion, her face puzzled as she asked, as my head turned back to glance as her.

"Get in." I instructed as we reached our destination.
"What?" A hint of fear present on her face.
"In." Upon hearing my voice and tone, she complied, getting in.

Wrapping my arms around her, my fingers lightly traced the hem of her shirt before gently lifting it up. Her hands instinctively raising, allowing the shirt to slip off effortlessly.