038, crushes

「 somebody to someone 」manon wright x sam golbachchapter 38

somebody to someone
manon wright x sam golbach
chapter 38

FOR CHRISTMAS 2022, laughter was all heard through the Wright-Abrams-Beaumont household. Sam and Colby had visited, along with Taylor, and they all were hanging out.

"I've got a gift for Sam!" Manon called, taking it in her hands and handing it to him. It was from her, written on the little tags. She sat down with a small smile.

He raised an eyebrow at it was placed in his hands. Her eyes were sparkling in excitement.

She bit her lip. It was a mixed gift. Something she knew he wanted and something she wanted to share with him and only him...for now.

His new ep had been on repeat, and his clothing store wasn't doing as well as it could. The ep was huge for his fans, and Manon knew doing something like she did might make him feel better.

He unwrapped it and stared at the two sweaters. One was labeled 'somebody to you' and the other had an outlined picture of them in the studio. He dropped it and covered his mouth. "Manon..."

She smiled, heading over and hugging him. "You've been bummed about the lack of buyers, and they love the ep. I thought I'd give you a start."

"Aww, Manon!" Taylor squealed, seeing the jumpers. "That's so sweet." 

She pulled away and pointed to the other gift, two small envelopes that were from both her and Taylor. He took them in his hands and unwrapped them, eyes widening.

One was an invitation for him to open Taylor's new tour - the 'Eras Tour' in 2023 with just Somebody to You.

The second was for both of them from Taylor and Rick. People wanted them to collab again, and what better way to advertise new songs was on the tour!

"Manon, Taylor, oh my god," he laughed, looking up at them. They high fived. "This is...wow."

"Of course!" As Sam met Manon's grinning face, his stomach tied.

What was that? The feeling he hadn't felt it years?

...Sam had a crush on his best friend.

april speaks
this...i've been waiting to release this