CH-39: BEGINNINGS

"Her memory of me might fade, but my promise to protect her never will."

(Y/N'S POV)

The next morning, I woke up to the sound of voices outside the cave. I blinked my eyes open, feeling Jungkook's warmth beside me. We must have fallen asleep at some point during the night.

"Namjoon?" Jungkook's voice cut through the haze of my waking thoughts.

I sat up, rubbing my eyes, and saw Jungkook standing at the cave entrance. Namjoon stood there, looking both relieved and annoyed, with Jimin, Taehyung, and Hobi behind him.

"There you two are," Namjoon said, exasperation clear in his tone. "We were worried sick."

Jungkook scratched the back of his head sheepishly. 

Jimin rolled his eyes. "You could've at least called or something."

Jungkook rolled his eyes. "Yeah, as if we had a phone."

I sighed in relief, glad I was wearing clothes, and quickly stood up, joining Jungkook at the cave entrance.

Taehyung smirked. "Looks like you both had a great night."

Jungkook and I exchanged a look, both rolling our eyes, though I couldn't stop the blush that crept up my cheeks.

"How did you even know we were stuck on this island after the storm?" Jungkook asked, curiosity evident in his voice.

Namjoon: (smirking slightly) Well, it wasn't easy. The tracker on the lifeboat would've taken two days to pinpoint your location, but we couldn't wait that long.

Jungkook: (frowning) So how did you do it?

Namjoon: (glancing at the others, then back at Jungkook) We have our ways. (pauses) Remember the secret project I was working on with Hobi and Suga?

Jungkook: (nodding) The advanced drone tech?

Namjoon: Exactly. We deployed a few of those drones to scan the nearby islands. It was a bit of a gamble, but we managed to pick up your heat signatures and traces of your path through the forest.

Jimin: (grinning) It was a bit like finding a needle in a haystack, but we knew you'd be somewhere nearby after the storm.

Suga: (nodding) Plus, we had a hunch you'd head for higher ground and shelter, so we focused on caves and cliffs.

Y/N: (smiling gratefully) You guys are amazing. We really thought we were stuck here for a while.

Jimin: (teasing) Did you really think we'd leave you two alone for that long? We had to come and rescue our fearless leader and her... (glances at Jungkook) knight in shining armor.

Jungkook: (chuckles) More like her bodyguard.

Namjoon: (laughs) Either way, we're just glad we found you both safe and sound.

Jin: (looking around) Let's get out of here and back to the cruise. We've had enough adventures for one trip.

Jimin and Taehyung exchanged glances, grinning mischievously. "You two were stranded on an island, and you still managed to—"