CH-43: DIE FOR YOU

"I'd face death if it meant saving you."

JUNGKOOK'S POV - FIRST PERSON

It's almost Christmas, marking a year since we first met. A year since she brought colors back into my black-and-white world. I had been so ready to confess, to tell her how she made me realize what happiness was once again. But today, I found out that the girl I love the most, the one I trusted with my life... lied to me. 

Y/N, my mon chéri, is Scarlet. 

The same Scarlet I've been trying to uncover, the one I despised more than anything. And she was right there beside me the whole time.

The rain poured down heavily, soaking me to the bone as I walked aimlessly through the city streets. The clock struck midnight, and it hit me—

it was the one-year anniversary of our meeting. Just like the day we met, it was raining, and Christmas lights adorned the streets. But instead of joy, all I felt was a deep, aching void.

How can I hate her? I want to, but I can't. 

Because the truth is, I've always been hers. To break, to heal, to love. And now, as the rain continues to fall, I realize that even in this pain, she's still the one I want. The one I need.

But how do I move forward from this? How do I reconcile the woman I love with the ruthless Mafia Queen I've despised? How do I forgive her, or can I even forgive her? The questions swirl in my mind, each one more painful than the last. But the one thing I know for sure is that no matter what, she'll always have a hold on my heart. Because even though she broke it, she also made it beat again. And that's something I can't ignore, no matter how much it hurts.

As I continued walking, lost in my thoughts and the cold rain, I suddenly felt a strong grip on my shoulder. My instincts kicked in, and I quickly turned around, ready to fight. There were several men in black masks, and a van parked nearby. Without hesitation, I defended myself, striking and blocking with a force that only someone with my training could muster. 

But then, in the midst of the struggle, I noticed something—

a tattoo on one of the men's wrists. It was the 'exo' symbol.

My mind raced. EXO, the organization we had been at odds with. What did they want with me now? I knew I had to find out. So, I made a split-second decision. Instead of fighting back, I let myself be overpowered. I allowed them to land a few hits, enough to make it look convincing. They shoved me into the van, tying my hands behind my back and covering my eyes with a blindfold.

I sat there, my heart pounding not from fear, but from anticipation. This was my chance to get closer to EXO and uncover their motives. If they had gone to the trouble of capturing me, they must have something big planned. And whatever it was, I needed to know. 

For myself, for my gang, and—though it pained me to admit—for Y/N. Even in this mess, I couldn't stop thinking about her. But right now, I had to focus. I had to stay sharp and ready for whatever was coming next.

...

I found myself tied to a chair in a dimly lit basement, the cold air pressing in on me. The damp, musty smell of the place was suffocating. My wrists were bound tightly behind me, the ropes digging into my skin. I knew where I was—