Broken trust

Virat was staring out of the window. His heart throbbed inside. His organs were paining everywhere and he wanted nothing but to hug Rohit and cry. But it was unbelievable for him that because of Rohit this all occurred.

"Baby," Rohit started but was cut off shortly by Virat,

"I know Rohit, I know," his voice was soft, not at all angry and Rohit was really surprised at that. He listened carefully when the other continued,

"You thought to hide this mafia thing but nothing really is kept hidden from a mom and a husband."

Rohit sighed, running a hand frustratingly through his hair,

"I never wanted you to know like this Vi, this was awful."

Virat looked at Rohit with painful eyes,

"Rohit, stop with your lies already. You never wanted me to know! You'd have never told me this thing. You never had such plans. Did you Rohit? And what hurts me is that I had to hear this from that old Chappel? Who was your enemy?"

"Vi, I know this is a lot, but trust me I never wanted any of this to happen. You getting hurt is the last thing I'd ever want."

Virat let the tears flow which he was holding back freely down his cheeks,

"Yes Rohit, I know that," his voice was still soft but wrapped with untold pain and anger.

"I know that you would never hurt me. But what I felt bad about is that, how could you keep this thing for me? I'm your husband! When we got married we vowed to tell the other everything! And I kept my promise to the fullest. You couldn't Rohit! You failed! Didn't I have any reason or at least was I not worth knowing what you are? What are you in the background? What the whole world and even your husband doesn't know!"

Rohit gulped.

"Your anger is justified Vi. But how could I tell it right away? It's not as simple as water you know that."

"Be it difficult like alcohol! Let it be! But I've all the rights to know everything about my husband. How would I know that you're not keeping anything else? Rohit I trusted you with all my heart and you broke that layer within seconds."

"Vi.." Rohit's voice cracked, unable to make Virat understand. He knows he was wrong, but he didn't even imagine that he'll have to go through such a situation.

"Don't Rohit, just don't. I don't know how I will trust you ever again."

Virat looked back at the window, tears decorating his face more and more as Rohit also has unushed tears in his eyes.

"V-Vi, I am really sorry. I-I know I was wrong and I shouldn't have done that. But please, losing your trust is losing my home. Vi, I-I promise I'll turn to be better, be a better husband, but please just don't push me away."

Rohit stopped the car in the middle of the road as he broke down into loud sobs. Virat's shoulders were shaking hearing Rohit cry and it did waver his composure.

"I need time Rohit. Let me think."

Virat's voice was emotionless as two souls in the car cried their heart out at being in such pain. The sky was filled by clouds and in no time it started to rain.

And with--

Surya just stared at shardul, as the latter stared back. Both seemed lost of words as the rain poured onto them, drenching them all wet.

"How could you?"

Surya spoke briefly in a whisper, shardul just heard it amidst the pouring sound of the rain. He reached out to touch his arm but surya shrieked back, with a scream.

"Don't!"

This made shardul flinch. He has never heard surya raising his voice even at the worst things, but today when his ears get those sounds, he knows he has fucked up real bad.

"Surya I can explain."

Surya looked at him with betrayal and fury reflecting in his eyes.

"Explain? What will you explain? That you lied to me? CBI officer? Where are all those things shardul, I don't see it!"

Shardul closed his eyes, constructing an apology continued by a sentence,

"I'm really sorry, but please listen to me once. I wanted to protect you, but I couldn't."

Surya snapped back angrily,

"Just shut up. First of all, a sorry doesn't fix the mess you've created. Second of all, protect me? What do you think? This all happened because you tried to protect me! Neither could you save me, nor my friends! Everyone fell into trouble altogether just because of your so called protectiveness!"

Shardul let the words sunk in, guilt rushing through all his nerves.

"I know I couldn't protect you, but I tried my best. I've always tried to be there when you were in trouble."

Surya laughed like a maniac, making shardul go out of his senses. It wasn't his sunshine anymore, he was mentally someone else it seemed.

"Okay, let's accept that you couldn't protect me. It's fine. Because you've protected me earlier and I am grateful to you for that. But what about that proposal shardul? You lied about your identity, about your everything. The shardul I knew, doesn't even exist, in place there is a mafia? Is that what I was supposed to expect?"

Shardul knew he had fucked up, but seemed like the conversation would run long. The rain wasn't helping either.

"You know why I did that. I knew you'd never say yes if I told you my real identity."

Surya took a step closer, panting heavily,

"Love doesn't excuse what you've done shardul. You made me fall in love with a shardul that doesn't even exist. I love a man who's not if this world, never, NEVER existed."

Surya put emphasis on the word 'never' as shardul opened his mouth to speak once again, but was cutted off deliberately,

"You lied to me so that you can use me? If it was that then take back all your protectiveness that you've shown! I don't need a lier in my life to protect me! Who'd go around killing people for me! I don't want it!"

Shardul's tears were flowing already, but because of the rain, it was not seen.

"B-but I did love you. I know it doesn't excuse it, but I really do. If it wasn't for you, then no one."

"Stop that crap shardul," Surya said stepping back, "I ain't falling into your traps all over again. You keep yourself in my place. I fell in love with a shardul who was lovely, though a little angry and grumpy, but would do anything for me. A cheerful, generous and polite boy around me. And suddenly you say that he's a cold blooded criminal and I'm to continue to love him?"

Shardul fell into his knees begging,

"I-I know it's all very bad. I-I was wrong, terribly wrong to lie to you. But I had no other choice. Please surya, you don't know how guilty I feel."

Shardul sobbed, his shoulders shaking furiously as surya took a deep breath.

"No, I can't anymore. You told me to leave you and not listen to your pleading again if you mess up. You told me this. And you've messed up quite big. You've finally broken the string of trust that joined us, and we're done. We're over! Shardul don't show me your face ever again!"

Surya stomped away leaving shardul sulking and sobbing there. It was a lot for him, for the innocent pure boy, and he took the biggest decision available. But shardul seemed adamant, he closed his eyes and opened them, realising his sunshine is gone, forever...
.
.
.

So so sad. 😭😭😭

Next upload will be late. Thank you for your votes and comments😊