Chapter 6: The proposal

“I dont get you, Sidharth,”

"Well that's a mystery to find out then" Sidharth winked at her, softly flicking her earrings and walked away.

Meera's cheeks started heating up as she cooled herself down.

"Babe what's up?" Saanvi came looking at Meera's flustered face.

"Ah nothing nothing! let's go eat something I'm super hungry" Meera said laughing awkwardly. "Sure"

During the dinner, many of the guests had left and only close people were present.

Meera, Saanvi and her fiancé with her parents and Sidharth all sat down to finally eat some dinner. "Oh my god finally!" Saanvi exasperated.

Meera chuckled and everyone got busy eating their food.

"waise Meera how's the investment thing going?" Saanvi asked munching on her food.

Meera sighed, "no luck yet.." "oh" Saanvi said looking at Meera's sad face. "Ek kam karna, you come to my room Kal subhe we will talk about it" She said cheerfully hoping to make Meera's mood good. Meera smiled and nodded.

The next morning, Meera sat with Saanvi in her suite, a cozy room filled with wedding paraphernalia.

The soft hum of the air conditioner and the morning light filtering through the sheer curtains created a calm ambiance, a stark contrast to the problem in Meera’s mind.

"Here's you chai" Saanvi came up and sat opposite on the sofa, bringing two cups of tea.

"So how are you feeling about it?" "I don't know..I'm just frustrated and plus you know how my parents are right.." Meera sighed, sipping on her tea.

"Yeah I know..seriously though it's high time they accept it" Saanvi said angrily. "Ohhh oh!!!!" Suddenly she got an idea.

"What?" "I know who can help you!" Saanvi said excitedly. "who?" " "I'll tell you but don't just reject right away"

"ohh....k" Meera said suspiciously.

"SIDHART-" "No" Meera said before letting her finish. "but-" "NO no we are not having this conversation, I'll figure our something.."

Saanvi sighed..getting up, showing Meera her mehendi outfit. They talked it for sometime until Saanvi again said.

"Yaar Meera, tumhe seriously sochna chahiye," Saanvi said, sipping her tea. "Sidharth tumhare business ke liye perfect investor ho sakta hai."

Meera sighed, rolling her eyes. "Saanvi, please. Tum jaanti ho na, woh kitna irritating hai. Last thing I want is to ask him for help."

Saanvi chuckled. "Tum dono ka na, ek hi problem hai. Tumhe lagta hai tum ek dusre ko nahi pasand karte. Par sach toh yeh hai ki tumhe bas ek excuse chahiye ek dusre se baat karne ka."

Meera huffed, crossing her arms. "Excuse and Sidharth? Bilkul nahi. He's just... ugh!"

Saanvi placed her hand on Meera's. "Dekho, mazaak ko chhodo. You have walked to hard for your business. Tumhe pata hai Sidharth ke connections aur resources tumhare liye kitne helpful ho sakte hain. Bas ek baar try karke dekho."

Meera looked away, conflicted. She knew Saanvi was right. But the thought of asking Sidharth for help made her stomach churn.

Just then, a knock on the door interrupted them. It was Sidharth, leaning casually against the doorframe, a mischievous grin on his face. "Ladies, kya baatein ho rahi hain?"

"Shaitaan ka naam liya aur shaitaan hazir" Meera muttered rolling her eyes.

"What was that?" Sidharth eyed her. "I came here to pick up Rohan's watch" he spat back.

Saanvi tried to make up the conversation winked at Meera before turning to Sidharth. "Kuch nahi, bas Meera ke business ke baare mein discuss kar rahe the."

Sidharth's eyebrows raised in mock surprise. "Oh really? Mujhe toh laga Meera apna business khud sambhal sakti hai, bina kisi ki madad ke."

Meera shot him a glare. "Haan, kar sakti hoon. Tumhe kya lagta hai?"

Sidharth chuckled. "Relax, Meera. I was just teasing. Waise, tumhare business ke baare mein sun ke accha laga. Tell me more about it."

Meera hesitated, but Saanvi nudged her. Taking a deep breath, she started explaining her fashion line, her vision, and the struggles she was facing to get investors.

Sidharth listened intently, nodding occasionally. "It sounds promising. But what do you think? investors kyun interested nahi hai?"

Meera shrugged. "Mujhe lagta hai shayad experience kam hai. Aur, funding ke bina scale karna mushkil ho raha hai."

Sidharth leaned back, considering her words. "I see. I think you have a huge potential. Maybe I can help."

Meera’s eyes widened in surprise. "Tum... tum madad karoge?"

Sidharth smirked. "Well, agar tum achhi tareeke se puchho toh shayad main soch sakta hoon."

Meera narrowed her eyes.

"Sidharth, this is serious. I'm not going to beg."

____________
Hey gorgeous people! long time no see 🤪✌️ please vote n comment🎀