Chapter 29

When I reach the bottom step, Flash comes over and gives me a package. I put it down on the table, and start making a list of people who brought presents. As I am writing Flash's name, Dash comes over with a present from Bolt. Guess he's going on the list... This is like my birthday all over again! Mine is December 18th, exactly a week before Christmas, and it stinks because you can't do anything outside, and you get all your presents at once, instead of spread out. Plus, we NEVER get off from school. :/ I guess I am just that awesome where get to have school on the same day. I guess I must be frowning, because Unicity comes over.

"Twi, are you okay?" She asks, waving a hand in front of my face to get my attention.

"Yeah, I guess," I say, and sigh.

"Darling, this is a party! Smile!" I give her a forced smile, and smile as wide as I possibly can.

"A real smile," she says out of the corner of her mouth while waving to Andrew.

"This is one of my better ones!" I tell her through the side of my mouth, and she skips away to talk to Andrew. Then Flash comes over.

"Hey Twi," he says, staring longingly into my eyes. Ew. "I've got a song for you.... Hit it!" A spotlight shines on him, and everyone goes silent. Then he starts singing with Bolt and Vilen as backup.

Woah oh oh
Here I am
On my feet agaaaain
I'd do ANYTHING
Just to have you mine
Say you love me too
Oh, I know you do
Come on Twiley-Pie (Come on Twiliey-Pieeeeeee)

No matter what people say
I'm not that annoying
But I love you
And it's a permanent thing
Say you love me too
Oh, I know you doooo
Come on Twiley-Pie
Come on Twiley-Pie
Come on Twiley-Pieeeeeee
Say that you will be mine
My Twiley-Pieeee (Twiley-Pie, Twiley-Pie, Twiley-Piiiiieeee)

Well now your purple eyes
Are all full of tears
From my manliness
And my cologne too
Say that you love me
Oh, I know you do
Come on Twiley-Pie
Come on Twiley-Pie
Come on Twiley-Pieeeeeee
Say that you love me toooooo
My twiley-pieeeeeeee

He reaches his hand out towards me, looking at me longingly in the eyes again. Mitch comes over, putting his arm around my shoulder.

"Sorry, Flash, she's taken." He tells Flash, and Flash looks at me.

"Well, technically I'm not.." I say.

"Well, technically you are..." Mitch says back.

"Well technically I'm not..." I say back. Then I look over at Flash. "Sorry, Flash, but no." He wimpers and scurries away, clearly defeated. Mitch then gives me a hug, and goes off to join Preston in getting some snacks... Sigh. I am the only one without a boyfriend... Dash with with Preston, Peony is with Lachlan, Jackie is with Jerome, and Flit is with Adam. Mitch walks over looking at me funny.

"Umm... Twi.... Can I talk to you for a second? Like, privately?" he asks.

"Sure," I reply, and he pulls me upstairs to my bedroom. Closing the door, he turns around. Taking a deep breath, he looks me in the eyes. (Don't think like Lindsey!)